Dev tools opening every time I playtest

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, sorry if this was posted here before I can't seem to find an answer to this question.
Every time I try to playtest my game it opens devtools (even when I deploy the win version it opens).
I have tried looking if there was any plugins that enabled that but from what I found the only one that has it as an option YEP_CoreEngine has it disabled, I am using RPG maker MV. Please help and thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might have added a line to your main.js file to open it automatically. I know some people have done that.

Do a search in all of your .js files (including plugins) for showDevTools()

It should only be in rpg_managers.js and Yanfly's plugin. If you have it somewhere else, that's possibly what's causing it.

If it's NOT in any other location, I'd wonder if your YEP_CoreEngine has been named incorrectly, which would cause it to not pick up the parameters you've set, and use default values.

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might have added a line to your main.js file to open it automatically. I know some people have done that.

Do a search in all of your .js files (including plugins) for showDevTools()

It should only be in rpg_managers.js and Yanfly's plugin. If you have it somewhere else, that's possibly what's causing it.

If it's NOT in any other location, I'd wonder if your YEP_CoreEngine has been named incorrectly, which would cause it to not pick up the parameters you've set, and use default values.
Is there an easy way of searching all the .js files or do I have to do it one by one?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are some text editors that will do it. I use Sublime Text (free) and with the folder open I can just right-click the folder and "find in files". There are probably others that will do the same thing.

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are some text editors that will do it. I use Sublime Text (free) and with the folder open I can just right-click the folder and "find in files". There are probably others that will do the same thing.
Alright I found that most of the Yep ones have it and a few others but what do I do now haha. Sorry if I'm a bit slow I'm pretty new to this.

Attachments

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh excuse me that was the wrong photo this is the list of it in my plugins.

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I don't have those plugins. So you'll just need to check all of them and make sure you've got the .js named correctly. Then look at the parameters for each one and see if they have a dev tools option and if any of them are enabled.

If none of them have the option, or if none of them are enabled, it might be that one of them opens the window without giving you an option. That seems a little strange to me, but I suppose it's possible. To determine that, you'd need to open each one of those results it's given you, and see if there's one that isn't wrapped inside a condition.

The other thing might be that you've done something to make your game always play in 'test' mode. To check that, deploy your game to a different folder, then play the deployed version, and see if holding the Control button while walking around lets you walk through stuff you shouldn't be able to walk through.

It might be that one of the plugins just opens that window whenever you're in test mode, and somehow your game is always in test mode.

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I don't have those plugins. So you'll just need to check all of them and make sure you've got the .js named correctly. Then look at the parameters for each one and see if they have a dev tools option and if any of them are enabled.

If none of them have the option, or if none of them are enabled, it might be that one of them opens the window without giving you an option. That seems a little strange to me, but I suppose it's possible. To determine that, you'd need to open each one of those results it's given you, and see if there's one that isn't wrapped inside a condition.

The other thing might be that you've done something to make your game always play in 'test' mode. To check that, deploy your game to a different folder, then play the deployed version, and see if holding the Control button while walking around lets you walk through stuff you shouldn't be able to walk through.

It might be that one of the plugins just opens that window whenever you're in test mode, and somehow your game is always in test mode.
Well all of them are gotten from the YEP page so it should be the correct name if that's what you mean. I have tried deploying it and doing the control thing and it doesn't let me walk through walls or anything but still opens the console, I'm not familiar with java that much but would deleting that line of code make the whole plugin freak out?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might cause problems. If you would like to zip up your project and send to me, I can take a look for it. I'd need your project, not the deployed version.

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might cause problems. If you would like to zip up your project and send to me, I can take a look for it. I'd need your project, not the deployed version.
I can do that tomorrow, thank you very much for your help

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, the dev tools window is being forcibly opened because you have an error in your project.

If you go to the Console tab, you will see this:

You are getting this error because you are trying to run YEP_X_MessageSpeedOpt without the required plugins. Please visit Yanfly.moe and install the required plugins neede for this plugin found in this plugin's help file before you can use it.
I also see that your Yanfly plugins look to be in a really weird order. They MUST be in the same order in which they're listed on Yanfly's page, otherwise there can be problems. That could be the issue here - you have MessageCore, which is listed as required for MessageSpeedOpt, but it's below in your plugins, and it should be above.

Once you fix the issue, the window should stop opening - assuming you have no more similar issues.

MHFran44

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, the dev tools window is being forcibly opened because you have an error in your project.

If you go to the Console tab, you will see this:

I also see that your Yanfly plugins look to be in a really weird order. They MUST be in the same order in which they're listed on Yanfly's page, otherwise there can be problems. That could be the issue here - you have MessageCore, which is listed as required for MessageSpeedOpt, but it's below in your plugins, and it should be above.

Once you fix the issue, the window should stop opening - assuming you have no more similar issues.
Omg thank you moving the message core above fixed everything, I should have really organized that better thank you for your help

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just remember to reorganize ALL your plugins so they're in the right order, or you'll get more problems with others later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirahilsdorf