DeVine: World of Shadows

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by Stapleton, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Stapleton

Stapleton Underground Veteran

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

[​IMG]

Small details: This game will be commercial and will cost $1.99.
    Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

Summary: Play as Kuan a half-demon born in Hell. And enjoy many features such as:

• Explore a vast open-world with many quests and things to do.
    • Complete the STORY and save the world from Kuan's demonic father.
    • Indulge in the full CARD SYSTEM. With 150 unique cards forged with the crafting system.
    • Rest from battles and spends days FARMING with 30+ different crops. Use them to trade, sell, or eat!
    • 100+ side-quests. 90+ towns.
    • Full action, fast paced no wait battle system.
    Scheduled game release: May 4th, 2018.

Characters:
    • Kuan: Main protagonist. He is betrayed by his demonic father and strung along while seeking revenge.
    • Amos: Demon and father of Kuan and Chung. Main Antagonist.
    • Anri: A poor and helpless girl that gets caught up in the midst of things. Oblivious to the eternal conflict.
    • Priestess Audie: A benevolent priest that watched over Kuan while he was dormant.
    • Master Sage Oat: Kuan's guiding hand.
    • And soo many more.. How much further can I go without spoiling??
    Story:
    The Ancients were beings of enormous power each created on their own accord. Negative energy that lies dormant for too long within varying dimensions finds a host and thereby creating an ancient.
    These Ancients threatened both Heaven and Hell. For the first and only time in all existance, Angels and Demons came together to create a trinket so strong that they only allowed those with human blood to possess it.

That is when Amos, being obsessed with the Ancients, created a blood ritual and had 2 sons of his own. Both half-demon and half-human. They were able to wield this powerful amulet and do his bidding to seal the Ancients.
    But alas, Amos' plan to sacrifice Kuan was revealed and instead Chung gave his own life to save him. Nevertheless a portal was opened to the mortal realm and an invasion of demons scourged the land.

-----------

1000 years later, Kuan awoke from his sealed prison after Master Sage Tenoch's seal shattered. Priestess Audie and Master Sage Oat quickly but with great caution take him in and hope that he can be the new "Hero" of this age.
    For just as it does every 1000 years, Lucifer sends an invasion of demons to try and reclaim the mortal realm as a stepping stone to Heaven.

From here on, it is up to Kuan to stop the invasion and put an end to malevolence once and for all!

Trailer:

Screenshots:
    New World Map.png Screenshot_0.png Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png Screenshot_5.png Screenshot_6.png Screenshot_7.png Screenshot_8.png Screenshot_9.png Screenshot_10.png Screenshot_11.png Screenshot_12.png

Battle System:
    • Fast paced battle system with over 20 playable characters. All having their own sets of skills and classes.
    • Not turn-based. React quickly with 6 preset skills that are hotkeys into your controller or keyboard. 1-6... 6 being alchemy bag for all characters.
    • No resources aside from TP which only parents one ultimate skill. The other 4 are all situational. So think before you act!!!
    • Customize your character by changing their class, a well balanced equipment system with major perks for all big 3 armor types, flasks to increase parameters.
    • Armor system has varying potentials. For example, any class can wear any armor. Give your DPS heavy armor to keep them alive longer in combat!
    • Buffs mean everything. Without them hard difficulties are essentially impossible.
    • 4 Difficulty settings.
    • Random encounters... They can be turned completely OFF. Aside from dungeons and even then they are limited to 2-3 per floor.

CARD System:
    • Collect essences from rare versions of World Map monsters.
    • Forge the essences into cards using the Cardcrafting station in your Headquarters.
    • Take those said cards into a one of hundreds of card battles throughout the land.
    • Select up to 7 cards per battle. With a limiting power of 25. Better quality cards use MORE power.
    • Defeat 7 Card Hubs throughout the world to face up against the Card Champions in Tarn.
    • Rewards after each victory and the NPC's even talk smack during the battle!

Farming System:
    • Till the land anywhere in farm area of your Headquarters.
    • 30+ different crops to plant! Water them and watch them grow. Will take patience... Of course.
    • Excellent yield that can make you quite a bit of mula!
    • A chicken coop where you can raise chickens. Get Eggs or if the ratio is right, get more hens and roosters!
    • A livestock farm where you can raise cows and sheep! Get wool or milk, and again, if the ratio is right more animals!

The Economy:
    • Random shopkeepers around the world will be randomized per play. With random goods and random purchase multiplier.
    • An auction house where you can bid with other NPC's. They are witty bastards!
    • Caches inside houses serve as a quick means to getting loot. Careful, when you steal them your karma goes down!
    • Well balanced to provide a good means to getting armor, accessories, and a bunch of other useful items.

Playable Characters:
    For the sake of not spoiling everything, I am only going to list a few... There is over 20+ playable characters in the game.
    • Kuan Hakkai - Demonknight/Bloodknight
    • Malleus H'rthstone - An old man with vast knowledge and a hardy soul - Geomancer/Pyromancer
    • Scarlett Frozensoul - A young woman that was deceived by Lord Dracula himself - Soulshiva/Warlock
    • Zaldron Burnfowl - An old genie that protects the lifestream inside of his eternal lamp - Genie/Shaman
    • Di'uce Ahllen - A thug that grew up in the streets of Tarn. Min-Tri-Uce is his street leader - Brawler/Thief
    • Celeste Steel - A beautiful Pirate Captain that sails her Ca'sandra - Pirate/Bard
    • Jaer Quixote - A mystic alongside his sister Theria. Oftentimes feels like leaving her behind - Pyromender/Geoknight
    • Theria Quixote - A flirty and easy going girl. Makes a living out of embarrassing her brother, Jaer - Bioblade/Winddancer

Other Notable Features:
    • A sleek and simple menu system for clear navigation.
    • A vast tutorial page that you can call up on your own accord.
    • An encyclopedia to describe states, enemies, and so fourth in more detail.
    • An achievement system that also has stats depicting how much damage you've dealt and so fourth.
    • A descriptive parameter chart so you can get an idea of how best to customize your battle members.
    • All enemies level with you. Meaning every battle is a challenge. Only story battles cannot be skipped!
    • Levels grant more stamina to run longer, better sustenance control, and vigor!

Credits:
    Graphics:
    Archeia - Avery - Ayenechan - Thalzon - Dot picture world - Pandamaru - Celianna - arcthemonkey - candacis - crazyleen - xmolly - feyforest - lunariffic - MMfactory - mu - bokou - cronus - Gela gis Gela - NeeMillion - trexrell - Wizcorp - Stapleton- Amysaurus! - The Mighty Palm ..Jesse.. You da man!

Sound:
    Adrian Von Zieglar - Archeia - Jacob Mann - Stapleton

Scripts:
    Source - Zeus - Neon Black - Victor - Yellow - Woratana - Khas - Yanfly - Modern Algebra - Mog Hunter -
    Ninjamida - DP3 - Blackmorning - Galv - Casper - Lecode - Hudell - Yami - Mithran - Mr. Trivel - TheoAllen - Shaz - Fomar - Nathaniel - Majirefy - Hime - Killozappit - Neo - Stapleton

AND VEEWIZ! ... Aka Videowizard... Oh.. and Mitch .. Ravenblueindigo getting those deliveries!
    All who are on this credit list, get a free copy of the game.

Check it out on Steam!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Devil King Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    amazing, can't wait for this to be available on steam. Good luck with it and congratz on releasing :rwink:

chungsie and Stapleton like this.
  3. SauloCVG

SauloCVG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It looks VERY well done. Nice job. Good luck!!!

Stapleton likes this.
  4. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Congrats staples i wish you the best, game looks amazing :)

Stapleton likes this.
  5. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you Chibae, Saulo, and Nir!! :D

Nirwanda likes this.
  6. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey @Stapleton your game look really nice, i love it (except of the ocean screen where it look a little empty to me).
    However i think you should change a better tittle image, current tittle image look like
    as if someone just picked a random font and type in there effortless.
    I think seeing a tittle image like this, people won't even want to check your game page
    [​IMG]
    You spent so much time to develop a game, don't let a bad tittle image ruin your hard work eh? :)

Stapleton likes this.
  7. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks Isabella, unfortunately it's a little too late to change the title image lol. It's everywhere and rebranding would confuse the only people that already recognize it.
    However I spent a lot of time on that title, and the reason for the simplicity is not due to laziness but rather I was seeking contrast.
    Contrast for the lettering is proven time and time again to draw the eye more than having a bunch of craziness drowning out your name.
    Kinda like how every major service you see nowadays choose to have a simple branding image. Google, Facebook, Steam, and so fourth.
    Hell take popular indie titles for example and look at their logo's such as Undertale.

I appreciate the feedback!

Isabella Ava likes this.
  8. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Created two new gameplay trailers.
    One of a boss battle with the Demonlord: Titan!
    Another trailer is a daily card battle in your Headquarters, to showcase mechanics!

9. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    May 4th is here. Which means De'Vine is now released and available on Steam!
    Check it out if you can!

10. Golden Unicorn Gaming

Golden Unicorn Gaming Savior of Astoria Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks interesting! Best of luck!

11. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you! Astoria looks interesting as well.

Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
  12. lianderson

lianderson Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Your game looks great! Good luck on the sales!

13. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you lianderson! :)
    Your game and Astoria look great as well.
    I think I will have to try both of them out!

14. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated the cover art partly in thanks to @Isabella Ava
    Also added in some new screenshots on steam.

Isabella Ava likes this.
  15. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi @Stapleton i think you made a really great game, everything is consistent and the maps impressed me the most.
    I assume you know what you was doing and did it very effectively. Can you share some tips on developing your game :)

Stapleton likes this.
  16. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    bahahaha this game freaking rocks. Im not sure why I had to talk to a tree though. but what do I know? :p

Stapleton likes this.
  17. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you Isabella and Chung!

The main tips I can share is patience. I had to be extremely patient because dev takes maaaaaany hours lol.
    I think what actually kept me going was keeping my project a secret so I would not receive feedback.
    Good feedback while I was working on my game kinda demotivated me because I felt accomplished when I wasnt, lol.
    It is my own little system. But it worked.
    If I would have been marketing this while working on it, I would not have finished it.
    However, my exposure suffered because of that, and it hasn't been as successful monetarily as I had hoped.

18. LeeAceSan

LeeAceSan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't imagine the amount of work you puted on it :o

How many years you dedicated on ?

Yeah your problem is the visibility, if I were you, I will contact all the small youtuber, between 100 and 1000 subcribers, and I will send them a free copy of my game, hoping that some of them make a video .

I will purchase your game later, it is on my wish list !

All the best for you :thumbsup-right:

Stapleton likes this.
  19. Stapleton

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you LeeAceSan!
    I have close to 4 years dedicated to this game. Lol.

That is a good idea contacting the small youtubers!
    I am actually gonna look some up right now.

Right on! I hope you enjoy it if you purchase it!
    I appreciate it, and the same to you. :D

LeeAceSan likes this.
  20. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    how did you make a character to give me updates when the game is updated?