Knighteriius

The Apple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey guys, (hopefully this is the right place, I said how do I...in my head and wound up here from the description)

I've been really getting into parallax mapping lately, I am finding it a lot of fun. Although I notice a lot of pro mappers start getting really dynamic in their ability to produce interior walls and roofs. A perfect example is how Celianna has produced the diagonal roof effect here in this screenshot.
How would I go about doing something like this? Any links to videos, your own expertise, or threads are appreciated. I tried doing like a triangle shape in photoshop to edge it off but it looked kinda weird. So hopefully someone can help me out. I've looked around a heap but can't seem to find anything that explains this. Maybe my wording is off?

Thanks everyone.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Normally, you'd just really make the wall the normal way, then make a triangular selection to select the area that needs to stay and delete the part not inside the triangle.. Then you'd just do some finishing touches if needed to the edges.

Knighteriius

The Apple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh wow, so I was doing the triangles from the outside not thinking about how if I made a triangle from the inside I could remove the corners with a polygon tool. So silly of me. I've got it working perfectly now. Thank you, Engr. you were an immense help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Radical_Eevee