Dacuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump.

Could anyone tell me if I should expect an answer from this, or is something like this too hard/time consuming to code?

Peridot Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you link to the Moghunter Simple Diagonal script?  That link you gave takes me to a page where I can't even see that script listed (unless it is called something else).

I'm not saying that I can do this for you, but being able to see the correct script that you have used would be helpful to everyone.

Heretic86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
I coded a diagonal movement script for XP for stairs, and it was actually quite a chore.  Well, the eventing aspect of it anyway, but the tiles were actually quite simple.

For tiles only, just alias move_left and move_right and check for a terrain_tag.  If the terrain tag matches, look to the next tile, either up or down depending on which terrain tag you are currently standing on.  If both tiles match, then move in the appropriate diagonal direction.

However, if you are looking for something like an 8 directional movement script, those already exist, but shouldnt be too difficult to code yourself.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please read the request properly. The OP is not looking for a script at all. He is stating that when he moves in a certain way, there are parts of the sprite that can be seen where they shouldn't be. The screenshot shows this, although not very clearly because it is so tiny (the full-size image is no bigger than the thumbnail).

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
Moving diagonally in certain scripts such as victor and mog's doesn't take in effect of regions. Ive had this problem with Neon black terrian tags script as well. As when you move diagonally it doesnt register you are on a certain region that can become very troublesome. I spent time modifying those scripts to no avail. You may not be looking for a script but you may never be able to get the two to be compatible because it would require a complete rewriting of how the diagonal script works. I always passed on diagonal movement but the one I had most luck with was Misha's smooth movement. I just cannot find the link to the page anywhere and I just got up so ill search around.

Dacuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, thanks!

If it doesn't work then I might have to just omit diagonal movement from my game (because I need to walk behind walls).

I also forgot to mention that you have to get Moghunter's scripts from the Master Demo, which can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rubbun