Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've different plugins for stairs and I'm finding that these plugins will only allow you diagonal movement either up or down one set of stairs using the terrain tags. What if you want to use the same set of stairs with having to make a whole new map just for diagonal down movement?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im not sure what you mean, but you can approach walking stairs ON and OFF diagnally
using this plugin. It wont be an easy plugin, but its very powerfull one.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril the plugin of tonbi might be hard, but it can do slopes, 3 different stairs from almost vertical to horizontal and also spiral stairs which is nice.

if he need just 45% to go up and down diagonal, than you can also use 1 or 2 events when touch.
so a plugin wont be needed, if you want different stairs, it wont be possible without a plugin.

there are a couple of slopes plugin, so far I know, 4 different, but each with a different code :p

anyway he pick or needs, he can choose ^^

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a bit more related to plugins support so I'll move it there.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I am saying that I installed a plugin that allows upward diagonal movement on the tileset but not downward diagonal movement on the same tileset unless I make a whole new map with a whole new set of terrain tags on that paticular tileset. I'm going to try out these suggestions.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril the plugin of tonbi might be hard, but it can do slopes, 3 different stairs from almost vertical to horizontal and also spiral stairs which is nice.

if he need just 45% to go up and down diagonal, than you can also use 1 or 2 events when touch.
so a plugin wont be needed, if you want different stairs, it wont be possible without a plugin.

there are a couple of slopes plugin, so far I know, 4 different, but each with a different code :p

anyway he pick or needs, he can choose ^^
I ended up using Cae's slope move for now because I'm still technically a noob. But shadowdragon, can I get a link for halfstep.js undulation plugin says that it is needed for it to work. I just realized that I do have spiral stairs and I'm going to have to use this plugin. You can see these stairs in my screen shot. I need to walk underneath them and up them diagonally as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril the plugin of tonbi might be hard, but it can do slopes, 3 different stairs from almost vertical to horizontal and also spiral stairs which is nice...
Oh I know, it's an impressive plugin, looks amazing. I just meant that my one doesn't offer as many features etc, that's all. :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Halfmove.js plugin can be get here, but when you click on the link, you would see all js files.
half move mostly add a half move (24 pixels) instead of 48 which can be disabled.

It might have an code inside that is readed or that undulation works for both 24 and 48 pixel move.
so it is required.

if you use only diagonally of around 45 degrees, you can either event it, or use Caethril plugin to make it easier.
if you use 2 or more different slopes, make sure the tileset of stairs are correct. or it will not work.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Halfmove.js plugin can be get here, but when you click on the link, you would see all js files.
half move mostly add a half move (24 pixels) instead of 48 which can be disabled.

It might have an code inside that is readed or that undulation works for both 24 and 48 pixel move.
so it is required.

if you use only diagonally of around 45 degrees, you can either event it, or use Caethril plugin to make it easier.
if you use 2 or more different slopes, make sure the tileset of stairs are correct. or it will not work.
I'm still confused how to get my characters up the stairs I showed you earlier. First my characters have to walk underneath my stairs like they would underneath a bridge. Then after walking underneath they walk up the stairs diagonally. Which means that whatever setting I put in place so they could walk underneath the stairs nulls the settings I have so they could walk diagonally up the stairs. I'm banging my head right now.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its a 1 way door, its best to event that part on player/event touch.
I cant check atm, but you need a bridge part as event to walk under and above it.
than use move routes to switch it on and off and through :)

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if Tonbi's plugin offers the bridge functionality (and if so how), but in case it doesn't...

My SlopeMove plugin has a special case: if you're under a bridge (cf Kadokawa's OverpassTile plugin, or my OverpassTileExt plugin) then it won't apply the diagonal movement.

Alternatively it lets you add/remove slope regions by plugin command, so I guess you could set up some events to trigger on touch or something~ :kaothx:

E.g. you could assign region 1 (in the OverpassTile plugin's parameters) as a "gateway" region and put that at the top/bottom of your slope; then you could use region 2 as an "overpass" (i.e. bridge) region and put that along your slope diagonally. Finally assign both regions 1 & 2 as the appropriate slope type (up or down). I actually wrote my extended version of OverpassTile to go with the SlopeMove one because I found the original (one gateway region, one overpass region) too limited for my needs. :)

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to type this in a Plugin Command:
SlopeMove Remove Up 1
If your slope is a "down" slope (i.e. from top-left to bottom-right) then swap Up for Down. :)

After passing through, you can then reinstate the slope region with another plugin command:
SlopeMove Add Up 1
(Again, replace Up with Down if appropriate.)
Another strange thing my game is doing when I attempt to go through the the events of my bridge my character can walk anywhere it wants to all over my map without any region restrictions....lol...this one it little above me..thanks for the response.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to type this in a Plugin Command:
SlopeMove Remove Up 1
If your slope is a "down" slope (i.e. from top-left to bottom-right) then swap Up for Down. :)

After passing through, you can then reinstate the slope region with another plugin command:
SlopeMove Add Up 1
(Again, replace Up with Down if appropriate.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hogogopfu01