Diagonal MV Sprites! (Chibi + Tall + Tall Template)

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! I'm just here to show off some diagonal sprites I made for quasi movement. These are for my gunman class in a game I'm working on. Feel free to use these for non commercial projects! I have a chibi and small version, enjoy! :D

EDIT: I recently had the tall sprite commissioned to match the template, I've updated the sprite for you guys to use, but sadly I don't think I'm going to put any more sprites on here, as I plan to have the rest commissioned, hope you understand :)

Chibi Spritesheet: gunman-chibi-rotation.gif

gunmandiagonal2.png

Tall Spritesheet: finished-tall-rotation.gif

FINISHEDBOBBING.png

EDIT: Just made a diagonal template that matches Hiddenone's tall sprites, this should make the tall sprites look much better if I use this as a base for them :D

Tall Template: tall-rotation.gif

talltemplate.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! It's literally just the upscaled chibi one tho xD

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah good job, what plugin lets me use these sprite sheets? I have the quasi movement plugin too but has nothing about using diagonal sprites in the parameters?? xD I'm a noob when it comes to plugin's lol

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah good job, what plugin lets me use these sprite sheets? I have the quasi movement plugin too but has nothing about using diagonal sprites in the parameters?? xD I'm a noob when it comes to plugin's lol
Don't worry it was hard for me to figure out at first too lol. What you have to do is have both the quasi sprite and quasi movement plugins. Then you can place this config I have made for him already in the data folder of your project. After you do that place the diagonal spritesheet given to you into the characters folder of your project and rename it #gunman-diagonal

(Yes you must name it this!) After that go into Rpgmaker itself and select the spritesheet for whichever actor you wish to have it. After that go in game and if you move diagonally it should work :)

EDIT: If you want to use the tall sprite make sure you name it #gunmantall-diagonal

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the Info buddy , I would have never guessed lol how did you make the diagonal image ? did you just edit the character set slightly ? 

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I found a diagonal character sprite template, and then I manually edited them in photoshop myself to make them match my gunman sprites. It's a very tedious and time consuming process for someone who's not good at pixel art like me, and I still have 3 more to do >.<

If you want the template here is it, I got it from Jonath4nC from this post

diagonal template.png

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's very useful, thanks! Diagonal sprites make the game more lively :)

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem Alastor! I plan on making 3 more of these but I don't know when they're gonna come out since I've got exams right now, but within the next 2 weeks I plan on finishing the one for my warrior class :)

King Galaxian

King Galaxian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American!
Primarily Uses
I'm impressed! You're really good! I know it's a long shot, but I have to ask:
Do you take requests?

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@King Galaxian Sadly not right now :( as I'm busy working on my own project, but I hope to put more here as I finish working on things, as I just did for the tall diagonal template! I hope to take requests some time later on however, but this won't be for a while D:

Drazard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, about this, I'm having trouble using your tall template, I can't seem to make it work on my game.

upload_2017-6-20_18-44-0.png

I tried to adjust the width and height but the same result maybe there is exact width and height for your template? I'm also newbie in photoshop but I really tried my best.

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, about this, I'm having trouble using your tall template, I can't seem to make it work on my game.

View attachment 66924

I tried to adjust the width and height but the same result maybe there is exact width and height for your template? I'm also newbie in photoshop but I really tried my best.
You need to use the quasi sprite and quasi movement plugin for it to work. I talked to another user about this above :p
Don't worry it was hard for me to figure out at first too lol. What you have to do is have both the quasi sprite and quasi movement plugins. Then you can place this config I have made for him already in the data folder of your project. After you do that place the diagonal spritesheet given to you into the characters folder of your project and rename it #gunman-diagonal

(Yes you must name it this!) After that go into Rpgmaker itself and select the spritesheet for whichever actor you wish to have it. After that go in game and if you move diagonally it should work :)

EDIT: If you want to use the tall sprite make sure you name it #gunmantall-diagonal

EustaceWard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is lovely, exactly the sort of sprite I didn't realize I was looking for :) For my game, I wanted pixel sprites, but the available ones were too little and I wanted room for detail. This is exactly perfect. Thank you!

Sprang

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
is there a female version of the tall diagonal sprite?? i've been looking for a female sprite that looks like this and can't find any and i can't edit at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detulovnoc