akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to enable dialogues playing in the background while still allowing the player to move? Basically i just dont want to be stopped by dialogue every time a character speaks, and i want to played automatically in the background1 I looked around and the closest thing i found was this thread detailing the same question,https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ation-without-stopping-player-movement.35334/, except its on VXace.
Can anyone help me out? thank you.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default the message window locks normal player input when open, so you'll need a plugin for this.

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Thank you.

You could either look for a plugin specifically written for this kind of thing, e.g.
...or you could try to rig something with other plugins, e.g. the TextPicture plugin present by default in new MZ projects.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
galv_Timed Message Popups can do what you want but it's for MV,
not sure if it works with FOSSIL added though, but he might port
it sooner or later to MZ.
This is what I use to have the effect, but it is a lot of trouble to actually set up timing of conversations. Also there is yanfly's gab window you can check out as well.

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default the message window locks normal player input when open, so you'll need a plugin for this.
[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]You could either look for a plugin specifically written for this kind of thing, e.g.
...or you could try to rig something with other plugins, e.g. the TextPicture plugin present by default in new MZ projects.
thats a really good idea actuallu
Unfortunately none of the other plugins worked so i think ill just stick to that, thank you!

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Strange that none of the MZ plugins worked for you, but good to hear you're OK with the TextPicture workaround! :kaohi:

It should be fairly simple to simulate a layout like the VisuStella/Yanfly Gab window with that, just by using another picture for the background (higher picture IDs show on top of lower ones).

If you want hovering speech bubbles, that could get awkward because you'd need to manually determine the size of the bubbles in each case.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042