uncanny

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont have the full version of MV and i am fairly new to this community, so please bear with me if i make any obvious mistakes on behalf of my knowledge of the software. thank you!
i would like to be able to customize dialogue in MV, but have no idea how, and i can't find any comprehensive or up-to-date lists or tutorials for newbies. i would like to know if i can:

- change the size of text
- change the color of text (i do know it's possible, but i can't find any lists or charts of the colors available and what codes they correspond to)
- change the font
- add symbols (i.e, music notes, stars, hearts, and possibly Zodiac signs)
- animate the text (make it flash different colors, move, or shake)

if anyone could help me out with these in laymans terms, and possibly provide links to lists or forum posts that would help me with this it would be much appreciated!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- change the size of text
Yes
- change the color of text
Yes
- change the font
Only with plugins
- add symbols (i.e, music notes, stars, hearts, and possibly Zodiac signs)
Yes, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
- animate the text (make it flash different colors, move, or shake)
Not without javascript knowledge

Open the Show text command andhover your mouse over the text input area. A help will show shortly, showing you the tags you can use and what they do. Or in MV open Help (f1) and look for Event commands - messages.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimeTurner