Get ready to be Wowed!
Not the usual workshop you'd expect where graphics, music, and physical resources exist. This is more the unspoken word, and heart of game dev where we explore concepts, scenes, dialogue, and everything between the pretty graphics and musics of the finished project. Being here means taking yourself to the goal of finishing a game, and doing so in a sane approach to the huge task of game dev.
Let's talk about what I'm offering before I rattle on. As the days go by I'll be dressing up the thread adding subject material along with examples for you. Helping your game, and your process starts here.
What is the goal of this workshop? I'm here to provide a service that isn't normally provided in the community, and serves a purpose for enriching a game's flow and quality.
This covers concepts, dialogue, scene flow, and implementation Things commonly overlooked that give game development it's core.
Do you charge money for this service? No the service is free and provided on a basis of need and effort. I will allow trades, but I'm here to do this because I enjoy doing it; and I see enough games that lack in characterization and development. So a project that is a good or even a great idea may go to waste due to poor execution due to lack of experience.
- I have the right to refuse work for any reason
- You must supply a written copy of the script, or in case of behaviors the full concept/sprite sheet of the character along with a written biography of no less than 3 sentences in English.
- If your project is in a DLC tile format, you must provide a SS of proof that you own the set either on your steam library or through client area sent to me via PM. No exceptions.
- For transition, scene effects and animations please specify if the animation's life will be in or out of battle. This goes for cut ins as well.
- For Banners and Animated Banners I'll need any artwork you want included or a reference of theme and style. These can really dress up a game thread.
Does this mean you don't do graphics? Yes, graphics that serve a purpose to enhance the story and dialogue.
Examples are being reevaluated at this time. The previous ones were out of date.
-If you want me to join your team for a 'Game Jam' / Contest you must have a synopsis, and game play statement ready!
To help stream line the process, please fill out this form:
Everything starts as a concept, and if you don't have placeholders or a clear idea to work through having a lack of graphics getting those graphics for the final product is meaningless. They go to waste. I'll show you how to start with even the most humble of resources and work upwards. We focus too much on graphics because that is what AAA games and big publishers focus on. We forget there are simpler tools for storytelling which are more subtle and effective. Graphics enhance this scheme, they don't encompass it. Pretty is important, but it doesn't make substance where there is none.
Credits: All Artwork of the Chibis seen here are the work of Makio Kuta.
Tileset and Sprites are the work of Vex Enigma's 'PoP! City Horror!', with original designs and behaviors to showcase the workshop.