Did the very first thing you started making turn into a game?

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started using RPG maker back on PSX in 2000. I made lots of small little joke games my friends and I would share memory cards with to play. I did end up making one "real" game that was about 5 hours long, but never ended up finishing it.

Ellenor

Artist: Digital/Pixelart/3D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeah my first project did turn into a game, but... It was reallyyyy bad XD
It was back in 2004 - 2005 and I still remember the plot:
A girl from farming/mountain village whose destiny was to slay the four fiends as they broke out of their seals.
For some reason I made her into a martial artist instead of the traditional fighter.
It had ****ty writing, bugs and was a complete mess. But it did teach me that I love the game making progress.

Last edited:

xlucky_rat

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started using RPG maker back on PSX in 2000. I made lots of small little joke games my friends and I would share memory cards with to play. I did end up making one "real" game that was about 5 hours long, but never ended up finishing it.
I also started with the PSX RM, and I actually did finish a game, short though it was, that I was fairly proud of.

nineret

Lua enjoyer
Reaction score
First Language
Thailand or ENG
Primarily Uses
Other
First thing I did when I after creating RPG Maker XP games. was finding a script tab. once again I did finding out how it work and how it does. and again I start editing scripting was possible fun. then after that I am gonna add sprites/BGM later.

Garryg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well my first scratch project has 'sort of' turned into a 'game' (definitely note the brackets :wink:).
It has a beginning, a middle and 7 ends. Just so I could test adding scripts to deal with multiple endings...

I quite like how you can get a bit creative with the 'picture,' 'fog,' and 'bitmap' elements.

I've noticed people seem to have some issues doing things in later versions of RPG maker that you can bodge together relatively easily with a combination of these elements and some code in XP. It's a lot more open than I expected it to be! I'm quite impressed with it as a maker program.

Are the newer versions more open or more closed?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes it did, and was released as a commercial game. It was called Undefeated. It's main claim to fame (apart from the fact that it's sold quite well) is that Degica asked to use it to test porting RM to mobile. The enormous difficulties of doing that with a game made in VX Ace was (I think, but cannot prove) one of the main reasons why RM switched from Ruby to JavaScript.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm soooooooooo tired TT___TT why can't there be a plugin to let me sleep + work simultaneously ... !!
Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frogitheworld