empresskiova

Untitled Project1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got my license when I was 19. I’m 25 now. My first car was a 2000 Saturn my folks gave me. I’m driving a 2010 Dodge Caravan now. Minivans rock. Lol.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm 23 and just got mine in October lmao.
Don't feel too bad. It'll come eventually.
In the same vein, I just got my associates after 5 years on/off at community college.
It's not a race. Go at your own pace big dog.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course, I got it when I was 18. Been really useful too.

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how ironic i have the last exam tomorow at 8am i wonder if i should now or dont sleep at all .-.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got mine at 27. I have...had (?) a crippling a phobia of cars and driving. I'd cover my eyes and duck when the driver would turn left or merge. I was in several car accidents growing up, other close calls. My parents, God bless 'em, had some drinking problems if you want the TL;DR. I started doing exposure therapy in mid-2017 along with driver's ed and had my license with by that November. I've been driving for a little over a year now and while I don't drive 100% anxiety-free (a car is a normal place to have SOME anxiety) it's gone from a place of a complete panic to a place where I honestly think I have an average amount of worry now. My life has changed so much for the better since getting my license now that I don't live in a walkable city.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got mine at 27. I have...had (?) a crippling a phobia of cars and driving. I'd cover my eyes and duck when the driver would turn left or merge. I was in several car accidents growing up, other close calls. My parents, God bless 'em, had some drinking problems if you want the TL;DR. I started doing exposure therapy in mid-2017 along with driver's ed and had my license with by that November. I've been driving for a little over a year now and while I don't drive 100% anxiety-free (a car is a normal place to have SOME anxiety) it's gone from a place of a complete panic to a place where I honestly think I have an average amount of worry now. My life has changed so much for the better since getting my license now that I don't live in a walkable city.
HOLUP.
Wait, did you close your eyes and duck while you were driving? :o

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NO. As a passenger. I had a lot of therapy done before I started driving on actual roads. I did pull over and have a craptastic panic attack the first time an ambulance came up behind me, though.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I grew up in rural Georgia. If you didn't have a license you didn't go anywhere. So I got my license at 16. I really dislike driving but it is just too practical to be able to do it.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got mine at 20. I lived in Missouri at the time but had no need to drive at first so I put it off. Got one after 2 years in college and the joys of biking everywhere, which included biking 5+ miles one way to work every day. I think that job had a pool on how long I would last once they learned how far I was biking to work every day.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never got mine due to bad eyesight and severe night blindness. I'm skilled on a motorbike and in Missouri you can get away with a lot of shenanigans when it comes to motorbikes that would be chiefly illegal in California :3

My first set of wheels was a 68 Ford Fairlane I got for my 16th birthday. Dad and I tricked it out and he was teaching me how to handle the metal monster. It held up well despite my banging up a lot of posts when I made those turns. He later got sick and I sold it for funeral payments when he passed on my 18th bday.

I had another set of wheels - an 84 gmc Econoline 150 - i tricked it out as well and it took me to college and my trip west. I was still a poor driver but a decent mechanic and eventually gave it away to some hippies in Chico.

My mom didn't get her license until she was 35. I'm 35 now but I still primarily get around via public transit and my bicycle.

I don't mind rolling for miles on a bike. I tricked it out as well to be more comfy and a tad safer. My legs are all scarred up from bailing when those idiots drivers run me off the road or merge illegally in the bike lane. I do key cars in retaliation. (+_+)

However, my goal is to eventually get a car. Though I might settle for any of the Lincoln Mark series (I was obsessed with them after seeing the French connection and Cannon, also my dad had always leased town cars) I still want my spaceship duce and a quarter (a 75 Buick Elektra 225 - 19 and a half feet of chrome and steel bwahaha) so I can knock off bumper car a few idiots in their fiberglass rides while rolling in the city. my older siblings had that model as their first car so I can get some tips on handling for Sunday driving/ grocery store trips for Mom.

Once I get rolling it'll be with thick glasses on during the day. No night driving for me.

Last edited:

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got mine at 18 after going through driver's ed. We waited on mine due to grades.

Fun tidbit; I 'stole' my parents car once to drive to Radio Shack, and they found out...by following me there and then critiquing my driving.

synchronicity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got my G1 (basically a learner's permit) when I was originally supposed to go to college, which was when I was 19, but then I had anxiety issues and it actually expired before I went for my G2 test. So I had to re-apply for the G1 and I'm hoping to go for my G2 sometime this year (I'm 27 currently). I don't really think there's a right or wrong time to get it, I know a lot of people who live in cities especially tend to not be as worried about getting their license because of the public transportation options. A vehicle can be expensive, especially with the rising cost of gas, and then you have to worry about the insurance and the maintenance. It's a lot if you don't necessarily need to have it. In my case, I live rurally, so I probably should have mine and I'm going to be working on it but I'm an introvert so outside of work, I'm more of a make-plans-once-a-week (or sometimes once-a-month) kind of girl.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got mine at 26yrs. In Poland pass exams is not that quite easy, our system is not designed to teach how to drive, but how to pass exams... Fourtunately I found a magnificent driving academy, they taught me so perfectly I passed in first take at very low price!

Norjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got mine ASAP at 18yo in 2005. Passed the final driving test on 2nd try. It has made my life a lot easier despite owning a car being a huge expense, but I'm willing to pay that for the freedom to move around. I have become more aware of my carbon footprint recently and I'm trying to cut down driving while using public transport more, but I doubt I'll ever get totally rid of my car.

I only regret not getting the other type of license instead, that allows you to drive trucks on top of regular cars and vans, because it would've helped me find employment. Teenage me was kinda stupid and thought I won't need such.

meliayummy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Get my license 7 years ago and only 2 yrs experience for driving, lol

alita

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, I don't have one. And even not going to have. I can call myself a hurricane-person, who always throws things off the tables and breaks them when walking, so if I ride it may be very dangerous.
That is my position and I won't wonder if somebody else doesn't have a driver's license. C'mon, they have reasons for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vendomis