Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Row Formation Script:

http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/02/yep-54-row-formation/

Can allow you to set how many rows battlers used (1-10 rows), but the number selected affects both allies and enemies.
I would like the allies to only have a front and back row (2 rows that they can switch around between) and for enemies to have at least 3 rows. Is this possible?

Also, how can I set a skill to be able to target everyone in rows 1 and 2, but not 3.
Target Select Script:
http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/26/yep-74-target-core/

Last edited by a moderator:

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
   The way I did this was have row change done by two skills called "Advance" and "Retreat" rather than using the default row-change mechanic and had row 3 (my game has 4 rows, but row 4 is strictly for non-combatant dependents who hunker behind either you or your foes for protection depending on the circumstance) seal the retreat skill so that allies couldn't use it again to get to row 4 where they'd be immune from attacks of all kinds.

As for your second question, Yanfly's Selection Control plugin adds on to target core and allows you to block skills or skill types from targeting specific rows.

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
   The way I did this was have row change done by two skills called "Advance" and "Retreat" rather than using the default row-change mechanic and had row 3 (my game has 4 rows, but row 4 is strictly for non-combatant dependents who hunker behind either you or your foes for protection depending on the circumstance) seal the retreat skill so that allies couldn't use it again to get to row 4 where they'd be immune from attacks of all kinds.

As for your second question, Yanfly's Selection Control plugin adds on to target core and allows you to block skills or skill types from targeting specific rows.

Unfortunately, I require having the row menu option for the player to place their characters in their rows before every battle.

As for the second part, I literally mean target and not select, lol. As in, I want the skill to affect rows 1 and 2, but not 3. Selection Control has to do with selecting and I can do Row 2 Max for selecting between rows 1 and 2 alone, but I'm not sure how to affect multiple rows. Unless you understood that... then I just re-checked the Selection Control pluggin and I'm not seeing an option to block targeting a specific row.

Haven't tried this yet though:

State: x
State: name
– The target must have state ‘x’ in order to be selected as a valid target. If you’re using the named version of the condition and you have multiple states with the same name in your database, priority will be given to the state with the highest ID. If the target doesn’t have state ‘x’, then the target is not a valid target for selection.

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonSandwich