DTracy3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Luxembourgish
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I wanted to make a skill during which a character uses his unique animation. My character got a dagger but I want him to use the animation that's played during missile attacks since I

customized that one. I'm using yanfly battle engine core and wondered if I could use it to change the battle motion for a specific skill so it doesn't use that default certain, physical or magical hit but the one I want instead.

UPDATE: I just managed to solve my problem halfway. I made a taunt skill and using yanfly's battle core and action sequence packs I made this Note for the Skill:

<Target Action>

motion missile: user

motion wait: user

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

death break

</Target Action>

However instead of doing the missile animation, my hero does her usual dagger attack. When I change the missile in  "motion missile: user" to something like victory or chant it works fine, it's just for the attack animation where it won't let me use my missile animation somehow.

Update 2: I found a solution^^ I changed the note too:

<Target Action>

Common Event: 3

motion victory: user

motion wait: user

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

Common Event: 4

death break

</Target Action>

Common Event 3 Changes my SV Battler to one with a different Victory Pose for the skill and Event 4 changes it back^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
howcow