Neptrone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
Let's say the game start with default camera. After specific event or entering the room or house the game turn into FPS camera.
Is it possible to achieve this with some plugin ?

Thanks!!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Let's say the game start with default camera. After specific event or entering the room or house the game turn into FPS camera.
Is it possible to achieve this with some plugin ?

Thanks!!
as far as i know... it's not easy to do... since plugin with FPS camera usually draw the map in editor differently than what we see with default camera... thus if you want to switch the camera... you also need to switch the map to the 2d version of it...

i suggest using another program for that instead of using RPG Maker... such as Smile Game Builder which support First person camera by default...

hope this help...

Nenen

Untested RPG storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MV has a 3D plugin that can be used to make a 'first-person' experience. (as well as a new way of doing the top-down... Or third person. Lots of possibilities)

It would take a lot of work to really make a great game experience, and obviously RPGmaker is designed around a specific flat 2D top-down perspective and anything beyond that requires fighting with the engine to a certain degree...

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In theory, you could do this by adding some basic JavaScript coding onto an existing 3D plugin. Tie all the behavior to a Switch or Variable (if Switch is True, do all the stuff; if not, run the original version of the method or do nothing), and change the Switches or Variables whenever necessary in your game, to turn ON or OFF the behavior. The only major drawback I can think of is the need to re-load the map each time you do so, but if you're only changing the Switch/Variable upon changing maps anyway, you can get around this drawback entirely.

In practice, I think that doing this frequently (like every time the player enters or exits a house in a town) would be horribly disorienting and jarring to the player, and make it especially obvious that your 3D engine, while impressive in its mere existence, is also pretty dinky compared to a game actually created in a 3D space.

Neptrone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for responds. My initial ideas would be using 3D plugin. But after some consideration i would like to use 3D perspective but not in sense 3D Space.'

So here is the idea.

The game start with default camera. after that entering the MC house would result change the game into point n click game with 3d perspective camera. So the MC can explore his house with point n click game style. I might use CG for this case.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This belongs in the Plugin Requests forum. What engine are you using - MV or MZ?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.
Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryweuu