TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if it was possible to change the font used mid-game, specifically when a certain character was speaking. I was going to switch his font to a more handwritten looking one as he's a bit crazy, but I wasn't sure how (or if it was possible) to do this.
Any help would be appreciated!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default, but there are message plugins that add more textcodes to change the way the text behaves, and those could also be used to change the font (at least some of them with the functions and codes for that)

[move]plugin requests[/move]

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you're not against using Yanfly plugins this is close to the method I use. You'll need these three plugins-

Load Custom Fonts- This prepares your font for use because they need to be loaded into the game.
Message Core- Needed for the next plugin and lets you change your font.
Message Macros- This isn't 'needed' necessarily but if you're going to have the character who uses a different font talk somewhat frequently, this will make your life a lot easier. Instead of writing all the marks for every time they talk, you can write it in this plugin and then set it to something simple to repeat instead. So instead of "\fn<yourfonthere>" you can just write "\char" or something. Makes life a lot more frustrating, especially when certain characters have a lot of tweaks to their dialogue. Also helpful for things like nameboxes!

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Ack! Sorry for making you move this!
@DBee thanks that's a big help I'll check those out tonight after I get off work!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.
If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...
What started as 1 RPG in development on the Nintendo DS, turned into 4 RPGs in development (1 on VX and 3 on VX Ace). Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen