Different dialogues for different characters

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I get making conditional branches where you can only talk to a character if a certain party member is present, and creating an else branch that makes someone talk if someone isn't in a party, but what if you have three or more characters? That sounds really complicated to me, and it sounds like the coding would take ages. Is there an easier way to make three or more dialogue reponses for three or more characters? Thanks!

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When creating more than 2 dialogues in one event it's better to use pages and variable as condition, like in this image

depending on value of variable _partySize a different page will be triggered. That's the easiest way for making multi dialogues.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, I've just got around to trying that out and I still don't understand. I've typed in '_partySize' and it's not working. How did you make that a variable? Thanks again!

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I've just got around to trying that out and I still don't understand. I've typed in '_partySize' and it's not working. How did you make that a variable? Thanks again!
Variables are nothing alone, you have to connect them to something. In MV it’s under ”Control Variables”. You can find a lot of options what the variable is. And then you can have conditions what happens if the variable (ie. party size) is some number or over/under it.
It’s the same or similar in MZ.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_11_27_2022_10_0_8.png
finally finished all the sprites for my friend's Comic book OC that I put in my game.
1669612924226.png
Added collectible trading cards to my current game, bio-Synthetica.
I plan to have a total of 20 different BATTLE-bot cards you can find & collect.
100 likes.jpg

I reached 100 followers on my new twitter! It's not much but it's honest work
Made this sign for a you-know-what type of business, completely from scratch.
Gotta admit, i'm extremely proud of it.

image.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kikira