Different dialogues for different characters

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I get making conditional branches where you can only talk to a character if a certain party member is present, and creating an else branch that makes someone talk if someone isn't in a party, but what if you have three or more characters? That sounds really complicated to me, and it sounds like the coding would take ages. Is there an easier way to make three or more dialogue reponses for three or more characters? Thanks!

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When creating more than 2 dialogues in one event it's better to use pages and variable as condition, like in this image

depending on value of variable _partySize a different page will be triggered. That's the easiest way for making multi dialogues.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, I've just got around to trying that out and I still don't understand. I've typed in '_partySize' and it's not working. How did you make that a variable? Thanks again!

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I've just got around to trying that out and I still don't understand. I've typed in '_partySize' and it's not working. How did you make that a variable? Thanks again!
Variables are nothing alone, you have to connect them to something. In MV it’s under ”Control Variables”. You can find a lot of options what the variable is. And then you can have conditions what happens if the variable (ie. party size) is some number or over/under it.
It’s the same or similar in MZ.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...
FF Opera Omnia is in quite a bizarre state right now. As soon as the tutorial is completed, the game levels all characters to level 70 and makes all new characters start at level 70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaionline