Different monsters in weather?

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i want the troops of a map to change depending on the weather. For example, during clear weather, a Slime and Feralball appear as enemies. But when the weather changes to rain, Frogfaces appear instead of Feralballs, and when the weather is snow, Snowmanglers appear instead of Frogfaces or Feralballs.

Is there any plugin that changes the troops on a map depending on the weather? Preferably with a notetag like <snowTroop:x>, <stormTroop:x>, <rainTroop:x>, and <clearTroop:x>,with the x being the troop id.

(btw, on a map with a rainTroop notetag, the troop specified only appears during rain, clearTroop is only for clear weather, and so on)

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depending on how you have your enemy encounters set up, you may not need a plugin for this.

If you're using a plugin to provide random weather effects, you could see if there is anyway to link a switch to the various weather effects. Then use the switches to address the enemy troops if you're using visible enemy encounters.

There are potentially a lot of ways to do this depending on how you get the weather effects and how you handle encounters.

Galv has a random encounter condition plugin here. So if you have a way to link your weather to switches or variables, it could work for you.

HIme has a plugin that lets you link events/common events to random encounters here.

So like I mentioned, this will probably have a lot to do with how your weather effects are handled in your game.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depending on how you have your enemy encounters set up, you may not need a plugin for this.

If you're using a plugin to provide random weather effects, you could see if there is anyway to link a switch to the various weather effects. Then use the switches to address the enemy troops if you're using visible enemy encounters.

There are potentially a lot of ways to do this depending on how you get the weather effects and how you handle encounters.

Galv has a random encounter condition plugin here. So if you have a way to link your weather to switches or variables, it could work for you.

HIme has a plugin that lets you link events/common events to random encounters here.

So like I mentioned, this will probably have a lot to do with how your weather effects are handled in your game.
I'd prefer an easier and faster way to do it, though.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well if you're looking for an easy and fast way to do this... How do you handle weather effects in your game?

Are you looking for someone to write a brand new plugin to do what you want?

Are you looking for help on how to make plugins you're already using work together to do what you want?

edit: I ask because I can't think of any plugins that handle both weather and enemy encounters within the same plugin.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically, the way i handle weather is any time a player enters the world map, a hidden variable chooses if the map will be normal, rain (rain weather, with different monsters), or night (tinted screen, also with other monsters). The tint and weather will only last for that map, and disappear when the player leaves the map.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, other than my previous suggestion to use Galv’s plugin that lets you link encounters to variables, I’m out of ideas. Sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevendkelven