Different screen options

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by KotoYama, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I'm using KisaiTenshi and Fullscreen Toggle Option Plugin, but I also want to give the option to play in fullscreen mode without changing the game's resolution (basically windowed mode with black background - that's what the Yanfy CoreEngine does). Can I do it without Uploading the game in two different resolutions? I was thinking about simply adding a note about changing some parameters in www\js\plugins\YEP_CoreEngine but it doesn't work.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the problem here is that usually any specific segment should only have a single plugin changing it - having different plugins work at the same function always has the risk of compatibility problems between the two plugins.

so your choices are either to find someone who does a compatibility patch for those plugins, or remove both and look for a single plugin that does exactly what you want.

3. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't have any compatibility issues. My question is: Can I change Update Real Scale parameter in YEP_CoreEngine plugin simply by editing some in-game files?

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    compatibility issues are NOT limited to crashes - anything where you need two different things to work together when they do not by default is a compatibility issue. and the edit you're talking about would exactly be that - a compatibility patch that connects the two plugins in a way that they automatically affect each other instead of reqiring different configurations.

5. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I get your point. But you didn't really answer my question.
    Is it even possible to change the resolution and the screen mode in-game simply by editing some in-game files?
    I was thinking about simply adding a note about changing some parameters in www\js\plugins\YEP_CoreEngine but it didn't work.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't answer because I don't know those plugins good enough to give you a solution.
    But in general, anything can be done by coding - it just requires to know the specific functions and the javascript commands.

That said, the note-box has exactly zero function by default. You need a plugin to read the notebox to do anything with what it reads, and that is limited to the functions the plugin provides.
    So if you have a plugin to read for your note and then make the changes where you want it, only then it would work - but that plugin needs to be programmed first.
    However, the usual solution is not to use notetags but to give script commands fitting to the plugins.

7. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your response. I think I found a solution. Apparently, you can change plugins parameters by deleting and then pasting a new js folder.
    Does that make any sense? :D
    So, I can just upload two of these folders, one of with Update Real Scale set to true and the other set to false.

8. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you mean by this, specifically? Where are you adding this "note", and who is it meant for? Are you talking about asking a player to change a Javascript file in a deployed game?

9. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am talking about asking a player to paste a certain Javascript file in a deployed game. I'm doing this primarily for YouTubers since a game in fullscreen mode stretched by KisaiTenshi plugin sometimes looks ugly on video (not sure why). Recording in windowed mode is also a bad idea since it's probably going to look blurry after it gets stretched on YouTube.

10. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK, I understand now.

You could have the Youtuber use a different "js" folder, like you mentioned.

I would also suggest, they can paste a different "plugins.js" file - that file is actually where the parameters are stored. You could have different plugins set to OFF or ON, or different settings, it's all stored in there. It might be easier than sending a whole folder, but that's up to you.

Of course the best solution is something that automatically detects the best settings to display with, but that would probably be complex to program.

11. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh. I didn't know that. Thank you! Yes, that would be easier.