sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im using the AltMenuScreen3 plugin so that my menu screen has different images to show dependent on the screen. (i.e. main menu shows a school ID while item menu shows a bag) and mid way through the game the perspective goes to a different character.

i was wondering if there was a plugin or script i could use to show off a different image while playing as that character

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
a plugin or script i could use to show off a different image while playing as that character

Done ;)

I made an extension for you that now uses javascript for the parameters of AltMenuScreen3

CTB_AltMenuScreen3Ex Plugin: Click Here to Download

So with that now you can do as you have requested :cutesmile:

Simply place my plugin below AltMenuScreen3 in the plugin list:
1664772072855.png

Then you could do something like these examples:
1664771963585.png
This would simply choose file "menuB" if the leader is actor #20 and if not the choose "menu"
...or could do like this perhaps for more options...
1664772768338.png
This would choose the file "menu" + the Leaders Actor ID for the filename.
(ex. "menu20" would be the filename if the leader's actor ID was 20)
..or any other javascript you desire.

Note: Must now use quotes for direct filenames since this is now javascript. ;)

Also made a parameter for keeping the snapshot:
1664772223144.png
In case you wanted to use a translucent background image file or something like that and still keep the map snapshot. Fully optional though & this parameter is also javascript.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.
Works very nicely for me from the testing I've done :)

Last edited:

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you very much for this! another step i need to know is how to change who the party leader is. i tried searching it up however anything I find is more of a visual trick, or i just dont understand it.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The leader is by definition the first actor in the party. The player can change this order with the "Formation" menu command. If you only have one actor in the party, this will be the leader.

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The player can change this order with the "Formation" menu command.
im disallowing the formation function as of now, is there a way to forcefully change the characters via a command or script?

small edit: i tried some testing and it shows off the face of character from the faces folder although I'm trying to show off an entirely different image.

Last edited:

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you can. However let's not focus on that so much. As @ct_bolt noted this is just an example and you can input any javascript. So how do you know that the perspective has changed? Do you not change the party members? Do you maybe have a switch? Do you maybe have something like all actors of the second party have an id greater than 10?

If the example script that compares the game party's leader id doesn't work for you, I think it would be better to help you find a condition that works for you, rather then help you jump through hoops to make the example condition work for you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phunction