Status
Not open for further replies.

DenzelRoy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Before I say anything, this is my very first post on this site. If I did something wrong, I apologize.

I was wondering if there is a side battling system where you see the art of both sides, but NOT with sprites. I know how to make the enemy's non-sprite art go in battles with the current scripts I find, but I can't seem to make anything work with non-sprite art with your allies. Everything I find uses sprites, but that's not what I want. Is there something out there that allows this?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mean battlers for your party?

If you already have a battle script that you like that does everything you want APART from this, give us a link to it. It will be easier to modify an existing script to use battlers instead of sprites, than to create a new one that uses ANY visual for your party.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I forgot about that one. The most you might have to do is change the screen_x and screen_y methods to place them differently, if you don't want them all in a straight line, or if you want them across the bottom, for example.

DenzelRoy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been messing with it for a while, and it's doing nothing. all I see is the enemy on the screen, even though I put the file Eric_battler in the battler's file and messed with screen_x and screen_y. It's just as if I never installed the script.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you put the script in the right place, under the Materials heading? Do you have other scripts installed?

DenzelRoy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I put it under materials, and I actually deleted all my other scripts to make sure they aren't interfering, but nothing is happening.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And your battlers are in the Battlers folder?

Your battlers should be single sprites, not spritesheets, and with very little whitespace around them. Are they? Can you load one up?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
and is your actor really named Eric?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol! Good point. But wouldn't it throw an error if you were trying to load a sprite that didn't exist?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
just making sure everything is covered... lolz... :D though yeah, it should throw an error or something... so maybe the sprite is there at the right place and the coordination of names is good too...

in which case, make sure you also saved the game first

you can also try giving a higher screen_z

DenzelRoy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
just making sure everything is covered... lolz... :D though yeah, it should throw an error or something... so maybe the sprite is there at the right place and the coordination of names is good too...

in which case, make sure you also saved the game first

you can also try giving a higher screen_z
Thank you very much! All I needed to do is mess with screen_z! xD thank you so much for the help, everyone!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"stats" in game term is short for "statistic", yet people keep referring it as "status".... =_=
i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alomoes