Different Sprite Sizes?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Shiradesu, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Shiradesu

Shiradesu Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello, I am pretty new here and I hope I got this in the correct thread. If not I apologize in advance.

I have some trouble with sprite-making. I wish to do spritesheets like the ones in "Ib", as far as I know, they use two tiles, but only walk in one... What is the name of this sprite size? (It had a name I'm sure), and what size should I use in making them?

Thanks!

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine itself to run.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is no fixed sprite size, the requirement is the structure.
    Each single sprite consists of 3x4 cells of the same size. Which size that is doesn't matter.
    You can see that for example with the default Monster sprites which are larger than the regular sprites.
    And especially with high formatted sprites they often use different sizes for the cells depending on the actor picture.

4. ZirconStorms

ZirconStorms VX & VX Ace Scripts Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Kouri (Developer of Ib) drew all of the game's visuals, I believe. There is no premade base that you could use for that exact type of style.

There are a few bases for VX Ace out there that are taller (2 tile high). The popular ones are called Mack sprites (second link below).

Here's one, with a character generator you can use*: http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
    And here's another: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/grannys-lists-mack-style-sprite-list.27353/

*you'll need to edit the sprite images (3 columns instead of 4) for them to work in VX Ace.