Different Sprite Sizes?

Shiradesu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I am pretty new here and I hope I got this in the correct thread. If not I apologize in advance.

I have some trouble with sprite-making. I wish to do spritesheets like the ones in "Ib", as far as I know, they use two tiles, but only walk in one... What is the name of this sprite size? (It had a name I'm sure), and what size should I use in making them?

Thanks!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine itself to run.
[move]RPGMaker VX Ace[/move]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no fixed sprite size, the requirement is the structure.
Each single sprite consists of 3x4 cells of the same size. Which size that is doesn't matter.
You can see that for example with the default Monster sprites which are larger than the regular sprites.
And especially with high formatted sprites they often use different sizes for the cells depending on the actor picture.

ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Kouri (Developer of Ib) drew all of the game's visuals, I believe. There is no premade base that you could use for that exact type of style.

There are a few bases for VX Ace out there that are taller (2 tile high). The popular ones are called Mack sprites (second link below).

Here's one, with a character generator you can use*: http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
And here's another: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/grannys-lists-mack-style-sprite-list.27353/

*you'll need to edit the sprite images (3 columns instead of 4) for them to work in VX Ace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewRobertson