pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Real simple. I want it so, for instance, my werewolf attacks, the attack gets animated as the Slash instead of the default Physical Hit.

I have some Yanfly stuff running already: Battle Core, Animated SV enemies, weapon animation.

I tried placing

<Weapon Animation: 6>

in the enemy, thinking I might be able to piggyback off Weapon Animation, but no luck. Probably it only works for SV_actor enemies?

Easy way to do this?

It's not a deal-breaker to create a custom Skill, my current implementation, but I hate to lose Attack + times and other things associated with a basic attack.

Last edited:

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default attack shows the animation that goes with the weapon, if a weapon is equiped.

Maybe you can make werewolf claws, which will be the weapon when the werewolf is unarmed, and give this weapon the right attack.

With the yanfly equipcore you require the werewolf to always have a weapon equiped. This way, they have to choose the claws as a weapon, instead of just unquiping their weapon.

This does not only give you the chance to change the animation for unarmed attacks, but also can it add special traits for unarmed attacks, like adding a bleeding state.

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Enemy battlers don't have weapons at all.

I tried using Weapon Unleash and giving the werewolf a state with Replace Attack, but no luck.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh... Oops, I thought it was for an actor.

If it is an enemy, then making a new attack for the werewolf is what I would try. I don't know what you mean with "hate to lose Attack + times"... Wouldn't that be possible with extra skills?

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you add "add state: normal attack 100%" to a skill, most properties of a normal attack would be carried over, excluding Attack times+.

Where is your enemy getting attack times+ from? If they always have it by default, you could set the repeat count of the custom skill to one plus your total attack times+. If it's a state that may not always be on the enemy, you'd need a plugin to change how repeat works.

RivalRamen_Games

Dimensional Drifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe try action sequences and making different skills for your enemies? Like a section dedicated to monster attacks and a section dedicated to PC attacks.

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The reason I'm hesitant to just assign a customized skill is that it doesn't cover situations where the enemy would make a standard Attack, like the rage condition or a counterattack.

It's just weird to me it's not very easy to change out the standard "smack" for a different animation. That seems like something that maybe should have been built into the engine.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please clarify what you're asking for? I ask because how I initially interpreted your question actually is really easy, but then it doesn't quite match your terminology.

Are you asking for the SV battler's attack motion, the frames it shows from the battler's spritesheet, to be different? This is included with the Animated Sideview Enemies plugin, you'd use the notetag <Sideview Attack Motion: swing>

Or are you asking for the animation that is played by the skill to be different? This interpretation was not what came to my mind because it doesn't have anything to do with you using an SV battler, per the title of your post.

The solution in this case would be to give them a different skill that functions as Attack but has a different animation; or program Attack with action sequences and use conditionals to play different animations for different enemies.

If it's the latter, you can work around the possibility of counter attacks by using Yanfly's Counter Control to make the werewolves use a skill programmed with the appropriate animation (or leave it as the normal Attack which has the action sequence that checks for them, as above).

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As per the title and the first post: I want it so, for instance, my werewolf attacks, the attack gets animated as the Slash instead of the default Physical Hit.

Very specifically, and precisely as the words I used: Not the attack motion. The attack animation for a static battler (or any other battler).

Instead of *smack* *explosion poof* it goes *slash* *anime slash graphic.*

That's it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:
I'm considering making my own battlers from scratch, it seems like a daunting task, but I like the look of it so much...A_Miriam3.png
I picked up running again after a long time and managed to get from 2.25km to 7km in two weeks :3 Time to get rid of those covid kilos!
Have you ever wondered what the lives of the NPC's are like in your hero's story? Come an find out with us as we play, "A Story Beside" by Wayward Prophet :LZSexcite:

Never in my life did I dream that I would be the proud owner of 5 jellyfish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francis187