Different Troops in Map depending on your level?

JustPhillip

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my game, there's a "Hub" That connects to all 4 main locations in the game. I want it so that the field has easy enemies when you're below level 10, Harder Enemies when you're in between 10 and 20, Harder ones when you're in between 20 and 30, and so on. I want to know if and how you can make different troops on a map based on your level.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Without plugins, probably the easiest way is to have a different version of the hub for each set of enemies you want, and every transfer event that takes you to the hub from one of the 4 locations checks your level and takes you do the correct version of the hub.

I'd prefer a plugin for this, personally.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could also just use an event instead of random encounters, that tracks how many steps you take, then after a certain number initiates the battle processing - as part of that, grab the level into a variable and use conditional branches to determine which mob to fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilsonliz