Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I'm working on a skill that has different effects.
It's a special skill, that can cause different status, like instant death or lowering stats.
But I'm struggling with giving it different elements, and adding a chance of a luck lowering effect.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How exactly is the skill supposed to work? You can achieve a lot of things with just formulae, but in order to write a fitting formula we have to know how the skill works in details.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How exactly is the skill supposed to work? You can achieve a lot of things with just formulae, but in order to write a fitting formula we have to know how the skill works in details.
Well it's kind of more skills in one, basically has a chance of dealing different effects, like there is a small chance of dealing an insta death to the enemy, a chance of weakening enemies stats, to silence them, poisoning them, or just deal dmg, but also buffing the enemy possibly etc.
what I'm struggling with tho, is to add a luck lowering effect (since I don't find one from default) and adding the chance of the attack of dealing different elemental dmg, rather than just a single one.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Let me see if I got it right, you want to strike the foes with not a single but a multiple elemental damage? Would it be a single hit attack? Or a multiple hit one?
I mean, foe A gets hit by thunder-fire-wind at once or first wind hits it followed by thunder and later finished it with fire? That foe gotta feel like some Camelot's fried chicken by then. XD

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let me see if I got it right, you want to strike the foes with not a single but a multiple elemental damage? Would it be a single hit attack? Or a multiple hit one?
I mean, foe A gets hit by thunder-fire-wind at once or first wind hits it followed by thunder and later finished it with fire? That foe gotta feel like some Camelot's fried chicken by then. XD
Well kinda, yes it basically deals a type of dmg that depends on the enemy's elemental weakness.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When someone asks "Is it A or is it B?" answering "well kinda yes" is less helpful than it might be.
Just for the sake of clarity, is this what you want?
A skill which detects what the enemy's weakness is and then only uses that element in its attack.
If that is so, I hope you don't have lots of elements, because this could get very complicated.

For each element, create a passive state, unnamed and without an icon so that the player does not know it exists.
You give each enemy which has an elemental weakness the appropriate passive state in the database.
Your skill then has to detect which (if any) passive state the target has before applying the appropriate attack.
This is the point where it gets complicated, because you are going to have to do a quite extensive snippet, as clearly the check and damage is far too long for the damage formula box.

When I did this, I only had a skill which checked for one element and that was a bit tricky to work out. A fire skill did X if the state was present and Y if it was not. A water skill did Z if the state was present and Y if it was not.
In all probability if you want a multiple check, you might be better asking for a script.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When someone asks "Is it A or is it B?" answering "well kinda yes" is less helpful than it might be.
Just for the sake of clarity, is this what you want?
A skill which detects what the enemy's weakness is and then only uses that element in its attack.
If that is so, I hope you don't have lots of elements, because this could get very complicated.

For each element, create a passive state, unnamed and without an icon so that the player does not know it exists.
You give each enemy which has an elemental weakness the appropriate passive state in the database.
Your skill then has to detect which (if any) passive state the target has before applying the appropriate attack.
This is the point where it gets complicated, because you are going to have to do a quite extensive snippet, as clearly the check and damage is far too long for the damage formula box.

When I did this, I only had a skill which checked for one element and that was a bit tricky to work out. A fire skill did X if the state was present and Y if it was not. A water skill did Z if the state was present and Y if it was not.
In all probability if you want a multiple check, you might be better asking for a script.
I'm sorry if I qave very few information, what I want to make, is a skill that either has all elements, or like u said, that detects the enemies weakness, but thatalso has a percentage of inflicting a certain status, like death, poison etc. and a chance of giving a buff or malus to enemy stats, maybe even heal them.
It's a luck based skill, or rng.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it might be better to Report your opening post and ask for it to be moved to Script Requests. I don't see a way of achieving something of that complexity without one.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it might be better to Report your opening post and ask for it to be moved to Script Requests. I don't see a way of achieving something of that complexity without one.
I understand.
Thanks for the advices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.
I think my SV will be weird, but I would love to change it up.

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.
Made a video showcasing a plugin that changes the animation rate for animated tiles in our games.

(Plugin by Caethyril )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katana100