Difficulty finding function and script locations

KJSRPGNoob

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I am digging into the scripting trying to figure out how the system works and I am having a really hard time following the paths that connect the scripts. For example, I want to have complete control over how my game reacts to battles but I am having the hardest time finding where the battle scripts are initiated. Which script calls them? I also find functions being called in condition branches but I have no idea where that function is being stored in order to be called. The bottom line is that I am trying to figure out where functions and variables are being stored because I want to make my own and use them freely. I just need to grasp the context. If anyone can help me out with this that would be great! Thanks!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Learning Ruby and RGSS. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

For those who want to help, this is for XP.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
OK in XP...
Scene_Map calls a variable, namely $game_temp.battle_calling, once it sets its value to true, it will call the call_battle that set its value back to false and at the end it changes the current scene with the following call.

Code:
$scene = Scene_Battle.new

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cribo65