Jocho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good morning!

I have a request for a plugin I've long since looked for and considered a nice modern "quality of life" improvement for RPGs. That is, the game's difficulty and random encounter rate can be changed at any time with an option in the menu. 

One game that had this feature was Bravely Default. By going to the menu in that game, you could change the difficulty at any time and also set the encounter rate as being "normal, 2x, 1/2, and none". Right now, I can change the Encounter Rate by making States that give half encounter and no encounter, but I can't double it, and worse, going to a save point (which recovers all HP and MP and heals all status effects) removes it. 

What I'm looking for:

Difficulty option.

-Easy: 1/2 HP, 1/2 stats, 1/2 EXP

-Medium: database

-Hard: 2x HP, 2x stats, 2x EXP 

EXP slider:

-Normal

-1/2 Encounter Rate

-2x Encounter Rate

-None

Ideally, both of these things could be changed by an option in the options menu. Or a HUD element in the corner. Or, simply, by a switch. The switch would actually be more ideal because then I can tie an enemy's attacks to a common switch as well.

Let me know if you have any questions, or any way I can help.

Thanks in advance. :)

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick and dirty encounter rate % option.

Script

I'll do the difficulty later on, so you might want to wait until then. Note that I will make a more generalized version of this plugin for the release section later on.

Jocho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is awesome, Dream X. I'm excited for the next version too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

trying to wrap up the boat/ship/castaway tilesets with a great galleon - no promises
Mail from campus: we will have the lessons this semester not remote, if possible. All my my profs: Remote it is.
https://gyazo.com/5a19cfce090a2585b3c0fcb7c699b92c Just finished a stealth system, its not metal gear solid level though, maybe elder scrolls level, it just works.
I ain't dead btw, just trying to keep up with university :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvo