Dinamic resolution?

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I really think that it's kinda impossible but I had to ask: Could it be possible to make a plugin to make different resolutions between the "world" and the battles? The pourpose is having bigger battlers while using mv tile dimensions. Well, honestly, I don't care if it's a matter of dinamic resolutions or another viable option...

I've been wondering about this because I dislike how mv tiles looks at 1080p resolutions but that resolution would give me the chance to have bigger and more detailed battlers. Dunno if it's impossible, here I am waiting for the wise people to answer me ^^'

Mikuri

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Why don't you upscale battlers?

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You really might not want to, you can theoretically run a script call but lets say you decide to change your resolution mid game to one that I can't support?  Sure people with 1080p resolutions wont have an issue,  but I have alot of laptops that still do 720p.

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'm planning to make an HD game so it won't support non-HD devices anyways ^^'. About upscaling battlers, that's not the problem, the battlers fit properly at 1080, the problem is that tilesets and characters are way too small  and doesnt look as I want. I have the option of upscalling everything but I don't know if it's gonna have any issue with the upcoming plugins, parallaxing passability and many problems else that comes to my mind so I just started wondering if this would be possible (just wondering about, you know, at the end, I guess I will find a middle way)

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as i understand it, if you make it 1080p it will down scale to the monitor. you just have to decide your target. if its a 1080p display you can still test it on 720p to make sure htings are readable. below that you probably wouldn't care.

Jordyce

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Using Yanfly's resolution script, it does scale down in both windowed and full screen mode. Just tested at 4k (the engine chugged though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I spoke with hudell and many programmer about the Window_BattleLog class and we all just agreed to pretend this class just doesn't exists lol
I haven't been able to solidify a cohesive plot so dropped out of a game jam but, on a fun note, I pre-ordered MZ today! :LZSwink:
So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janetjoradan