Dinosaur Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chicken Fetus, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Chicken Fetus

Chicken Fetus Villager

First Language:
    English
    I’m fond of Dinosaurs and as consequence I'm fond of Dinosaur games*. So I made a thread to talk about both upcoming dinosaur games and your favorite already released dinosaur games.

I’ll start off this thread by sharing the two dinosaur games currently in development that I’m looking forward to the most!

DinoSystem
    According to the developers

Here is it’s trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs5I4d7WqYk

IndieDB Page:http://www.indiedb.com/games/dinosystem
    Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/dinosystem?notif_t=page_new_likes

SteamGreenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331479068

---

Saurian

According to the developers

Here is it’s trailer:

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/sauriangame

I've actually spoken with this game's developer, he's a preety cool

---

(I like ecosystems and wild animals as a whole, but I don’t think anyone would really be interested in discussing that or the few games there are for the subject so I settled with just dinosaurs since I imagined that would be more popular).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    Saltwater Croc likes this.
  2. Probotector 200X

Probotector 200X Probotect and Serve

I love Dinosaurs too! Pretty much always have!

Personally, I'd like to see more games where you play as Dinosaurs.

DinoSystem seems pretty interesting, but you play as a man or a God.

Saurian seems rather unique, sounds like it has some features I've always wanted out of a Dinosaur game, but we shall see.

So, Dinosaur games...hmm...I'll stick with games with playable Dinosaurs!

Jurassic Park (Genesis): I like this one because you get a choice to play as Dr. Grant, or a Raptor! (presumably the Big One) Go through similar levels with quite different fighting styles. Not great by any means, it's still fun and I've played through it several times.

Lost World (PS1): Another Jurassic Park game, this has 3 playable dinosaurs! Compy, Raptor, and T-Rex! My main beef is it's so hard, and you have to play through each character in order. I wanted to jump in and play as the T-Rex, but....nope. And T-Rex is a little underwhelming. Still, not many games let you play as a T-Rex!

EVO Search for Eden (SNES): This is a creative game. Start as a fish, use points to evolve different body parts, and progress through eras and evolve into different types of animals. The..."dinosaur era", has you evolve into a reptile, which has some dinosaur forms you can take. You get points to evolve by killing and eating other animals...but the game has an overall light-hearted style.

As for upcoming games, I'm looking forward to LEGO Jurassic Park, which will have stuff from all 4 movies. I'm sure dinosaurs will be playable in some capacity, especially because Jurassic World is gonna have ally Raptors!

Thinking about it, I haven't really played many games with playable dinosaurs!

Matseb2611 likes this.
  3. Chicken Fetus

Chicken Fetus Villager

First Language:
    English
    Besides playing as Dinosaur, what other features does Saurian have that “always wanted out of a Dinosaur game”?

As for DinoSystem though I’m very much looking forward to the ecosystem aspect, I’m admit that I'm also not too crazy about the human mode. Though I should mention that the developers stated that playing as a dinosaur is a planned element in the future for DinoSystem. Regarding playing as a god, I don't think in god mode the player is necessarily playing as a “god” but just something ambiguous that influences the ecosystem.  I think the name is just reflects the player’s abilities over the ecosystem rather than what the player is actually supposed to be if anything.

I never played JP Genisis or EVO, but I did play Lost World PS1. I do have to agree that the difficulty took a lot of the fun out of it, especially in the T.rex levels. Ironically, for me the early compy levels were the funnest.

I loved playing Lego Star Wars with my brother, so I'm looking forward to being able to play Lego Jurassic Park with him and his sons. I do wonder though how they can make a suitable amount of levels out of the first movie since it had such few loose dangerous dinosaurs (a single rex, three raptors with only two shown at a time, and an unknown amount of Dilophosaurus) all of which do not become a threat untill actually half way into the movie.

4. Probotector 200X

@Chicken Fetus: Well, it's playing as a variety of dinosaurs that excites me. I've never really played a game with multiple playable dinosaurs, and it seems to have quite a few!

Some news on LEGO Jurassic Park!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/04/first-look-lego-jurassic-world-turns-scary-dinosaurs-adorable-lego-figures

It says there will be multiple playable dinosaurs and that you'll be able to collect amber to customize your dino! Sounds pretty cool. I need to watch Lost World and JP3 again, it's been so long...

That reminds me, there's a Facebook game called Jurassic Park Builder. It's a simulator where you manage a Jurassic Park, by feeding dinosaurs and making restaurants and security buildings. There's even an arena thing where your dinosaurs can fight. It's not too exciting, and I haven't played it in several months, but I got some enjoyment out of it.

5. nancytaut

nancytaut Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Have you played Google Dinosaur game. It is simple and yet so amazing. I play it on a regular basis in my office.

6. flashbax

flashbax Just some dude

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dinosaurs for Hire, based on an old Malibu comic book; it's a tough game and a lot of fun. Mine was for the Sega Genesis.

7. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't like open world survival games personally, which is unfortunately what most dinosaur games are, and as a fan of dinosaurs, I hope for there to be more games with them in. I remember playing and enjoying Jurassic Park on Genesis in my younger years. There's also this Dino Crisis game on PS1 which was more akin to survival horror (RE style) but with dinosaurs instead of zombies. I can't remember much about it now, but more games along those lines would be great to see.

8. Stanley

Stanley Hero of the Untold Prophecy

First Language:
    Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Something's wrong with this thread... Hmm.. Ah I see, @Amysaurus is missing. :kaoswt:

9. Probotector 200X

Huh, this old topic is back, interesting.

Primal Carnage Extinction is free to play on Steam. It's like a 3rd person shooter/action hybrid arena competition game. Or whatever you call it. You can play as humans (with weapons and stuff) or dinosaurs, and can compete with other players online. I've only tried the practice mode but playing as a Theropod is pretty cool. Doesn't seem like my kind of game, would love to see the engine put to a slightly different genre, but playing as dinosaurs is cool...