Savior of Astoria
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello All,

In my dungeons, I use visible enemies which chase the player as per Infamous Bon Bon's Direction Based Line of Sight Tutorials. 

This is VX ACE...

The only problem that I run into is if I "pull" two enemies into battle at the same time.  When that happens, it goes to battle screen (like it should) but then it either

1) prevents me from fleeing combat altogether (my party runs, but then the battle reloads), or

2) I kill my enemies but then they immediately reappear at 1 HP, which repeats again and again. 

Is anyone familiar with this, and do you possibly know of a solution?  If you'd like to recreate the problem, here are two photos of a typical enemy with the event setup.  Below the pictures are the full "scripting" of each Conditional Branch inside the picture...

7AdABFj.png

PUIBHTh.png

First Conditional Branch Script

($game_map.events[@event_id].x - $game_player.x).abs <= 1 && ($game_map.events[@event_id].y - $game_player.y).abs <= 3 || ($game_map.events[@event_id].y - $game_player.y).abs <= 1 && ($game_map.events[@event_id].x - $game_player.x).abs <= 3

Second Conditional Branch Script

(($game_map.events[@event_id].x - $game_player.x).abs + ($game_map.events[@event_id].y - $game_player.y).abs) == 1

Third Conditional Branch Script

$game_map.events[@event_id].direction == 2 && $game_map.events[@event_id].y < $game_player.y || $game_map.events[@event_id].direction == 8 && $game_map.events[@event_id].y > $game_player.y || $game_map.events[@event_id].direction == 4 && $game_map.events[@event_id].x > $game_player.x ||  $game_map.events[@event_id].direction == 6 && $game_map.events[@event_id].x < $game_player.x

If you'd like to see it in action, I can probably make a video.  Thanks for your time in advance.

Or finally, is there another, easier method of making enemies chase the player if you get within a certain distance that we KNOW has no crash problems?

Luke

Golden Unicorn Gaming

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.
Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BearsWithHooves