Direction Based Line of Sight Events

Mrwolf2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Ok, getting a small headache as I am trying to get myself to understand it completely. But with your demo and written explanation I am certain I will find figure it out. So thanks. Should make quite a few additional options possible for my game. Well, apparently it was already possible for my game as you used the default scrips, but for me as designer of it  :p

kaloraxi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is there a command for it to detect a specific event that is approaching another event?

for example if im making a cutscene and I want a event (npc) to disappear after touching the event with conditions on it, could i do lets say:

$game_event[@ev005].y - where ev005 is the event approaching. (this would take the place of $game_player.y

Caustic

Hopped Up on Goofballs
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
is there a command for it to detect a specific event that is approaching another event?

for example if im making a cutscene and I want a event (npc) to disappear after touching the event with conditions on it, could i do lets say:

$game_event[@ev005].y - where ev005 is the event approaching. (this would take the place of $game_player.y
Why not just remove the NPC when the event is triggered then add them back in after?

Gonna have to be a bit clearer about what you want. Otherwise, that can be done easily with eventing, I do believe.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Honestly if I was making a cutscene, I would try to avoid using this method to trigger it, but yes you can specify a particular event if needed for any reason.

UNphiltered_khaos

Game Dev. Artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey! This tutorial is awesome. Thanks for writing something so in depth. I may have missed it somewhere in the dense information field, but is there a way to combine the Tag and Assassination events? So if the NPC sees the player it will chase, but the player can sneak up and "kill" the NPC unsighted? Thanks again!

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It should be possible, but it has been such a long time since I wrote this that I couldn't tell you right now how to do it exactly.  I would have to get back into Ace which I haven't touched in months and I haven't had the time for MV, because I've been buying a house.  When I get some time I will investigate.

UNphiltered_khaos

Game Dev. Artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aaah, bummer. No worries, take your time. Thanks for the quick reply, though. I will see what I can work out. :p Good luck with the house buying.

PixelatedKiwi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there.

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting but I was just so happy when I got this to work. I've been trying for HOURS to get a good stealth mission going, I made so many switches and so many complicated events, none of it worked. Then I came across this and VOILA! It works! I've never been so happy to get caught in a stealth mission haha. You are right in the credits (along with a million others haha).

Thanks a lot.

Kieran.

P.S.

I noticed this is posted in VX Ace but this works on my VX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuffydud

Confetti Thrower
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where are the images for the secondary script calls?

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great! I've been trying to do something like this for so long but I couldn't figure it out. Thank you so much.

Dragon Brother

Survive, Adapt, Infest.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This tutorial has save my stealth game play, Infamous bon bon, many thanks!

Rebellare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please someone make an example for MV for the Basic Line of Sight Event. PLEASE!
I've been trying to implement the given script onto MV and changing what I noticed should be different but it's still not working.
I just want an NPC that turns from time to time and if you step in front of him he sees you, approaches you and teleports you someplace.
Someone who's not a beginner at scripting like me, I beg you to write the MV version for those conditional branches (First and second).

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Rebellare This is the wrong place to ask this. I suggest you start a new thread in MV Support, giving a link back to this one, so that people know what you are talking about.

However, before you do that, check out this plugin which is a line of sight plugin for MV. It probably does what you are looking for.

Sterl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone make the code copy/pastable? Having a really rough time trying to copy the triangle vision code.

kthx

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sterl Have you downloaded the project mentioned at the beginning of the tutorial? It contains all the events shown in the screenshots, and you could copy/paste from there. It isn't possible to copy/paste event commands from any source other than another project - it's not text like I'm writing now, so there would be no point in someone else typing them up here for you to use.

Sterl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sterl Have you downloaded the project mentioned at the beginning of the tutorial? It contains all the events shown in the screenshots, and you could copy/paste from there. It isn't possible to copy/paste event commands from any source other than another project - it's not text like I'm writing now, so there would be no point in someone else typing them up here for you to use.
Yeah, but that's for Ace. I'm using MV, and this was the only thread I could find that shows how to do this.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sterl I suggest you post a thread in Javascript/Plugin Requests and ask there.

Volkner

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi! It works perfectly!

May I ask if the following in the script editor of your game must be copied? Thank you

class Sprite_Picture
alias update_origin_niltest update_origin
def update_origin
update_origin_niltest if bitmap
end
end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image i made on mon-die morning
Everyday I'm hustlin' hustlin'
And now I'm wondering if I only made progress in learning this engine because I was procrastinating on everything else I need to do...
from twitter:
Therapist: and what do we do with our trauma?
Me: give it to a character
Character: NO
other devs: *carefully plan the battle balance (with actual calculation in sheet)* | Me: *randomly throws numbers and skills to see which works*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltosier