RMMV Directly Accessing Your Game's Code (RPG Maker MV)

CloverDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, sorry if this is being posted in the wrong section, this is my first thread here and it's a question that's been bugging me for a while.

So, I have RPG Maker MV and I'm making my game, but I need to know: Is it possible to directly access the code of your game somehow? If so, how? Thanks in advance for reading.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes hello!

If you go to your RPG Maker files folder for your game, and go navigate to "js", that is where all the javascript code should be.

There's a variety of files to access here, but there should be things like rpg_core.js, main_js, etc...
That is where all of the engine's core scripts should be.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In addition to what PoptartPresident said, if you press F8 during test play, it opens the developer tools window, which includes a console you can write and process Javascript code in. This allows you to traverse game objects and call functions/check property values, set breakpoints, set up value watches and an assortment of other useful debugging options.

CloverDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hold up, I tried it and this happened when I accessed the Javascript files. How do you fix this?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, it'll do that if you click it directly from the download in your browser. You need to go to the downloads folder and open it with a text editor.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

COMBAT:

Finally showing combat in my game. The lighting system I'm currently using doesn't transfer over into combat, but I am hoping to find a new one soon... or an update for the one I'm using. The plan is to make combat less bright, though. You'll want to click the video link below and visit YT for audio.
Huge thanks to D757 Gaming for his stream, impressions and review of my game, please check him out!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd quarter annual Drifty jam! I'm always so impressed with the games people make! This time our winner dominated both categories!
jamWinners2.png
That feeling when you have an out-of-bounds error and an ai enemy exploits it to kill you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoctorDeathtrap