Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys!
I need some help to improve the performance of my game.
I'm making an ABS mobile game, due to the fact of being an ABS game, there are animations on the screen all the time. When you attack, when you are attacked, when you use skill, when the enemy uses skill... the "show animation" function is all the time on the screen.

So when there are a lot of enemies, with a lot of "show animations", there is a big drop in fps on phones with lower processing.

So, to solve this problem, I am creating a MENU to select the game behavior:

- Normal graphics and effects (everything normal)

- Low graphics and effects (some effects, plugins, and events will be removed / turned off)

- Very Low graphics and effects (all effects will be removed, and only a few plugins and events will work)

I need some help with the animations effect!
I wonder if there is a way to "disable" the animations on the screen. I mean, the animation must be there, because the plugin I'm using uses the animation to define the contact area of the skill or attack. It needs to be "transparent" or something like that.

A good example to better explain my thinking is this video from ragnarok, here as you can see, the player has disabled the effects of the skills:

The skill is there, but "invisible"

Here is the skill effect normally:

In short, I need a plugin where I can activate and deactivate the animation effects using a script call or a plugin command.

Thank you very much in advance!!
I hope this is something possible to be made!!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it would be more helpfull if you told us which plugins and effect, chronoengine? alpha abs? evented abs?
because some plugins require some other settings to turn them off, animation can be turned off, but
that also required the plugin of it to target it :)

thalesgal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @ShadowDragon thank you so much for answering!

I'm using chronoengine!

I'm using these 2 required plugins as well (The website is saying that it is mandatory to use them):
– MOG_CharPoses.js
– MOG_EventSensor.js

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
charposes and eventsensor isn't required, but recommend to let it function more correctly.
but to turn them off, you kinda need a code and probably either an option core.

if using yanfly, it require a bit of code so you can target its core to turn them off.
I think there is an animation disabling code on his website as well which target the database.

for the other ones that MOG uses, it require a code to target those ones.
because of the animation in its toolmap (which im not sure if its also the database its uses)

peoples that know yanfly option core can help you with that code unless you can figure it out :)
cooding isn't my strong suit at this point.

thalesgal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @ShadowDragon!

charposes and eventsensor isn't required, but recommend to let it function more correctly.
but to turn them off, you kinda need a code and probably either an option core.

if using yanfly, it require a bit of code so you can target its core to turn them off.
I think there is an animation disabling code on his website as well which target the database.

for the other ones that MOG uses, it require a code to target those ones.
because of the animation in its toolmap (which im not sure if its also the database its uses)

peoples that know yanfly option core can help you with that code unless you can figure it out
:)
cooding isn't my strong suit at this point.
I think things gets more complicated that way. I just need to remove the animations on the screen.

I actually managed to find the solution! \o/ I'll leave it here in case anyone need as well.
it is very useful for improving performance. Especially for ABS games!

Download this plugin here:
Credits: Thank you very very very much to "
"

The script call to turn ON and OFF the animations is:
ConfigManager.disableAnimations = false;

Done!! Yeeeey!! :D :D :D :D

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice job finding that one, can be helpfll to the rest if they get trouble with it.

PS: if your issue is solved, report your post to close the thread ^^

thalesgal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sorry >.< I always forget to do this. Thanks!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This just in: RPGMaker 10 announced. We are pleased to release an engine that takes full advantage of the WIndows 10 platform. Also will have cross platform to TI calculators, Atari, and your toaster!
Posted a game thread. Then accidentally pressed x. Then found out rmweb saves drafts :D all is good
I also enjoy using the new RPG Maker 2.0 Beta
April Fools!
I have a character named "Corona". Her name are supposed to refer to sun light / aura. I guess I couldn't use that name anymore. Any suggestion?
Wow RPG Maker MV 2 is really good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YesMissYesSir