Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone! I'm having a big problem with RPG Maker MV today.

I was trying to make a cutscene where there are a lot of camera movements through the dialog, and some battles in the middle of it. When the battle starts, the camera is usually far away from the original position of the Player (that remains invisible in the cutscenes). However, since the camera is always targeting the player, when the battle ends and the game returns to the cutscene's map, the camera resets to the original position where the player is.

Is there a way to disable the camera targeting the player? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might require some tricky eventing, but this might help, I do it for similar things.

Make a dummy actor with no graphics. Make sure they joins the party after the battle ends, then remove everyone else to make sure they're the party leader, then transfer them to where you need the camera to be. Use fadeouts and fadeins to make it look more seemless if it looks ugly.

You can also use the scroll map command during a fadeout to do it like that, then fade it when it's complete.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might require some tricky eventing, but this might help, I do it for similar things.

Make a dummy actor with no graphics. Make sure they joins the party after the battle ends, then remove everyone else to make sure they're the party leader, then transfer them to where you need the camera to be. Use fadeouts and fadeins to make it look more seemless if it looks ugly.

You can also use the scroll map command during a fadeout to do it like that, then fade it when it's complete.
It is a good option, but unfortunatelly, most of my cutscenes were done on RPG Maker VX, so everything is set up to be working like in the previous project. It only fails to have a free camera movement from the player.

I was asking more like of a plugin or script command to disable the camera targeting, so I can activate/deactivate it at the beginning and the end of the cutscene events.

EDIT: It's solved now, thanks to the help of @Darkanine. I'm using the movement of my player to move the camera through the cutscene, since it will remain invisible during almost all the cutscenes I have in my game.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digimanthan