Disable 'Fast Forward' during movie files?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Improvement Boards' started by AdamSakuru, Jun 17, 2017.

1. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    User: AdamSakuru
    Bug: The fast forward feature (hold down 'space/accept' key during events) works even while videos are playing, which probably wasn't intended because it throws off the developers eventing sequence.

How to Replicate the Bug:
    -Download the base demo
    -Speak to the NPC, don't touch any key while the video is playing
    -Note that after the video, the wait frames have been timed to play audio and run messages/eventing/etc. for when the video is done because they were matched to the length of it.

-Restart the demo, speak to the NPC again, but this time, hold down the spacebar instead of just pressing it. Continue to hold it.
    -Note that while the movie is playing, the game is still in 'fast forward mode' because the button is held down, and the event commands post movie file will run before the movie is done playing, as in WHILE it's still playing.

Other:
    Here is the base demo: https://www.mediafire.com/?bnh1c63gr1mb16p
    I made a post about this already, not sure if the thread should be closed: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...fast-forward-during-movies.79726/#post-744755

I decided to post it here as a bug because I realized that this was probably an unintended error on Enterbrain's part and this is a bug that is any project that makes use of movie files. I really like the fast forward feature and I'm glad they put it in MV, but I'll have to disable it if there isn't a fix for this.

Edit: I might also suggest adding a command for enabling/disabling the fast forward feature to give the developer a bit more flexibility.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    TheTitan99 likes this.
  2. PersuaderGames

PersuaderGames Adventure connoisseur Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey AdamSakuru,

Probably I am a bit late replying to the issue. I will test the issue these days, but I have a question for you: How did you make movies work in the first place? Any format/method I tried so far failed. Don't even start talking about exporting it to Android...

Are there any tricks you have for making them work?

3. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't have MV to try this, but what if you make the part that goes after the movie to start only after a self-switch is ON, and said self-switch is only set at the end of the movie?

Marquise* likes this.
  4. PersuaderGames

PersuaderGames Adventure connoisseur Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This probably not the right thread to discuss this.

But, anyway ^^: The issue is in MV, there is no event or category that you can use "at the end of the movie". A work around for me is to put a wait command after the movie starts to turn of the self switch. IF you can make movies work int he first place ^^

5. Eviticous

Eviticous Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    this happens with anything, any event, any where. You hold down enter (for me) and it skips things breaking events. I thought I found this in the code to patch it, as there is a part where if you hold down enter it calls the next frame plus one to move faster, but alas changing that did nothing.