Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Many of my friends are having difficulty when reading text in my game. They keep accidentally causing messages to skip over to the next by holding "Shift", or double-tapping when the message is just about done appearing. I would like to request a script that will at least disable the "Shift" key, at most that and keep the "Confirm" and "Cancel" inputs from speeding up the message until all text has displayed. If it could be given a switch to turn this on/off with, that would be appreciated as well.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please consider how annoying it would be to have no ability to skip text on a second playthrough, or if you lose progress for whatever reason and have to redo a portion of the game.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I beleive that is part of the "dash" effect, if you disable dash I dont think you can speed through the dialogues.

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please consider how annoying it would be to have no ability to skip text on a second playthrough, or if you lose progress for whatever reason and have to redo a portion of the game.

If this is given a switch to use, I can always set up in the options menu to have the switch be turned on/off as per the players choice. I could even just create a key item that will enable or disable it, via a common event.

I beleive that is part of the "dash" effect, if you disable dash I dont think you can speed through the dialogues.

Unfortunately, the only way to do this is via the map setting. I also cannot find a script call that will disable it.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im so silly, I didn't realize you were using VX Ace... that changes things a bit..

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->
cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodAlvenis