Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Disable Player Movement By Input

by DreamX

Introduction/Features

Define switch IDs in the parameters to decide whether to allow the player to move and/or activate events with the action button.

Parameter "Move Switch" defines the switch ID used to decide whether to allow the player to move by input. If this switch is ON, then the player cannot move by input. However, they can still activate adjacent events with the action button.

Parameter "Move & Action Button Switch" defines the switch ID used to decide whether to allow the player to move by input and activate events by action button. If this switch is ON, then the player cannot move by input and cannot activate adjacent events with the action button.

You may ask why this plugin would be useful, given that by default the player cannot move while an event is running anyway. However, you may not always need or want an event to be running while you need to disable player movement, so being able to do so with a simple switch command is convenient. In addition, this plugin allows you to disallow the player from moving but still allow them to activate adjacent events. A good use of this would be a situation where the player has to press the action button on an event adjacent to them at a certain timeframe.

How To Use

Save the script page as a .js file and configure the parameters to your liking. Then, just turn the switch on and off as you wish.

Script

Credits

DreamX

Author's Notes/Terms of Use
Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This was just what I needed for making it so a player crawling out of a vent couldn't move around until they had fully emerged from the vent!

Thanks! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP