Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mods: Not sure if this is a plugin request or not, but hopefully I don't need one. Move if this ends up not being a plugin.

I was hoping there was a way to disable reflection when using Magic Attack.

I don't want to use Certain Attack because I have Magic and Physical Attack Taunting set up, but I don't want regular attacks (not magic spells) to be reflected even if they have Magical Attack properties.

I did see this thread btw, but no answer.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks guys.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll definitely need a plugin, and from what I know/can find, you'll need to commission a new one - unless you want to set up your skills to use Yanfly's Element Core. You can replace the standard Magic Reflect trait in your state with the elemental reflection tags in that plugin, then make your magic attack not be one of those elements.

Edit: Okay, @Jenova I took a look, and it's not that complicated. This should do it:
Code:
BattleManager.invokeAction = function(subject, target) {
    this._logWindow.push('pushBaseLine');
    if (Math.random() < this._action.itemCnt(target)) {
        this.invokeCounterAttack(subject, target);
    } else if (Math.random() < this._action.itemMrf(target) && !$dataSkills[this._action._item.itemId()].meta.pierce) {
        this.invokeMagicReflection(subject, target);
    } else {
        this.invokeNormalAction(subject, target);
    }
    subject.setLastTarget(target);
    this._logWindow.push('popBaseLine');
    this.refreshStatus();
};

Copy that into a text editor, save as a .js in your plugins folder, load it in your game. It should make a skill with the <pierce> notetag ignore magic reflect.

I have not tested it, so let me know if it doesn't work or you get any errors.

Last edited:

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll definitely need a plugin, and from what I know/can find, you'll need to commission a new one - unless you want to set up your skills to use Yanfly's Element Core. You can replace the standard Magic Reflect trait in your state with the elemental reflection tags in that plugin, then make your magic attack not be one of those elements.

Edit: Okay, @Jenova I took a look, and it's not that complicated. This should do it:
Code:
BattleManager.invokeAction = function(subject, target) {
    this._logWindow.push('pushBaseLine');
    if (Math.random() < this._action.itemCnt(target)) {
        this.invokeCounterAttack(subject, target);
    } else if (Math.random() < this._action.itemMrf(target) && !$dataSkills[this._action._item.itemId()].meta.pierce) {
        this.invokeMagicReflection(subject, target);
    } else {
        this.invokeNormalAction(subject, target);
    }
    subject.setLastTarget(target);
    this._logWindow.push('popBaseLine');
    this.refreshStatus();
};

Copy that into a text editor, save as a .js in your plugins folder, load it in your game. It should make a skill with the <pierce> notetag ignore magic reflect.

I have not tested it, so let me know if it doesn't work or you get any errors.

Works like a charm. Tried it with both note tag and no note tag and it works! Thank you. No errors that i can see for now. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedom1987