Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mods: Not sure if this is a plugin request or not, but hopefully I don't need one. Move if this ends up not being a plugin.

I was hoping there was a way to disable reflection when using Magic Attack.

I don't want to use Certain Attack because I have Magic and Physical Attack Taunting set up, but I don't want regular attacks (not magic spells) to be reflected even if they have Magical Attack properties.

I did see this thread btw, but no answer.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks guys.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll definitely need a plugin, and from what I know/can find, you'll need to commission a new one - unless you want to set up your skills to use Yanfly's Element Core. You can replace the standard Magic Reflect trait in your state with the elemental reflection tags in that plugin, then make your magic attack not be one of those elements.

Edit: Okay, @Jenova I took a look, and it's not that complicated. This should do it:
Code:
BattleManager.invokeAction = function(subject, target) {
    this._logWindow.push('pushBaseLine');
    if (Math.random() < this._action.itemCnt(target)) {
        this.invokeCounterAttack(subject, target);
    } else if (Math.random() < this._action.itemMrf(target) && !$dataSkills[this._action._item.itemId()].meta.pierce) {
        this.invokeMagicReflection(subject, target);
    } else {
        this.invokeNormalAction(subject, target);
    }
    subject.setLastTarget(target);
    this._logWindow.push('popBaseLine');
    this.refreshStatus();
};

Copy that into a text editor, save as a .js in your plugins folder, load it in your game. It should make a skill with the <pierce> notetag ignore magic reflect.

I have not tested it, so let me know if it doesn't work or you get any errors.

Last edited:

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll definitely need a plugin, and from what I know/can find, you'll need to commission a new one - unless you want to set up your skills to use Yanfly's Element Core. You can replace the standard Magic Reflect trait in your state with the elemental reflection tags in that plugin, then make your magic attack not be one of those elements.

Edit: Okay, @Jenova I took a look, and it's not that complicated. This should do it:
Code:
BattleManager.invokeAction = function(subject, target) {
    this._logWindow.push('pushBaseLine');
    if (Math.random() < this._action.itemCnt(target)) {
        this.invokeCounterAttack(subject, target);
    } else if (Math.random() < this._action.itemMrf(target) && !$dataSkills[this._action._item.itemId()].meta.pierce) {
        this.invokeMagicReflection(subject, target);
    } else {
        this.invokeNormalAction(subject, target);
    }
    subject.setLastTarget(target);
    this._logWindow.push('popBaseLine');
    this.refreshStatus();
};

Copy that into a text editor, save as a .js in your plugins folder, load it in your game. It should make a skill with the <pierce> notetag ignore magic reflect.

I have not tested it, so let me know if it doesn't work or you get any errors.

Works like a charm. Tried it with both note tag and no note tag and it works! Thank you. No errors that i can see for now. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peady