Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to disable Steam overlay for RPG Maker MV? I swear, it keeps popping into the editor every other moment and makes me type something like "5"  to my friend or something and every single notification appears in the tiny message boxes and such, it's really annoying.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You mean that overlay that appears when you press shift+tab on games? I've never had it on MV.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
   None that aren't technically illegal, unfortunately. Used to you could do a trick where you turn steam on offline mode and could still run external .exe files without even having to open it but an update earlier this year changed it to auto-crash steam-tied programs attempted to run outside of steam that way. 

It isn't hard to break steam's drms outright though, and you could likely figure it out pretty quick with the proper google searches but again that's illegal so...meh, not very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As far as I know, the editor is incompatible with the steam overlay. Very few pieces of software sold on Steam are, if any at all.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, the editor is incompatible with the steam overlay. Very few pieces of software sold on Steam are, if any at all.
Then why does it keep popping up in message boxes and such? It's really annoying because when I'm trying to work on my game, it makes the overlay come up and freezes everything.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've never had the overlay show up..?

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I got this right, it pops up when your friend sends a message? There's a simple and obvious solution to that.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I mean having the steam overlay in software is kinda weird, but whatever. You can disable the overlay for a game in it's properties in your library. 

Keep in mind I'm using a steam skin, so your library may look different.

mvRAAir.png
Also keep in mind that the checkbox is there and checked by default on any steam item. This does not necessarily mean the item supports the overlay. No one else has had the issue you're having, so it seems to be a very isolated incident. I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of the overlay on the editor, personally, that sounds hilarious.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeitorFull