Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm looking for either a script or a plugin that will disable (grey out) the battle Attack command.

1618266312692.png

I've tried VS BattleCore, but that's like swatting a mosquito with a sledgehammer and I'd have to revamp my custom skills that are tied to a common event.

I tried a simple Seal Attack with the actor, the class, and with the weapon (both all 3 together and individually) but that didn't seem to have any effect. Is there any way to just disable (preferred) or remove that Attack command using either a script or a simple plugin that doesn't affect the whole battle system?

As always, thank you for reading.

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You do not want it to show on the screen at all? ever?

I know in MV you could just load in a Plug-in with this and it would do that:

Window_ActorCommand.prototype.addAttackCommand = function () { };

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You do not want it to show on the screen at all? ever?

I know in MV you could just load in a Plug-in with this and it would do that:

Window_ActorCommand.prototype.addAttackCommand = function () { };
Correct, I want it to be always disabled or to just never show on the screen at all. ever. :)

The reason is that it's an educational game so the player is presented a math equation (e.g. 8 x 2 = ?) and if solved correctly, the enemy receives that amount (in this case, 16) of damage. The skill is called Math Attack and works independently of the default Attack, so I don't want the default Attack to be playable at all.

And your code works flawlessly in MZ as well. PSYCHE! Thank you so much! I'm so appreciative of this community. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made this sign for a you-know-what type of business, completely from scratch.
Gotta admit, i'm extremely proud of it.

image.png
After 7 months of really hard work and then 6 months of lazing around and procrastinating with adding the final touches my game is finally complete! Not bad considering that a year ago I didn't really even know about variables. Thanks to everyone who helped with questions and assets! Feels good to have a game under my belt! Ep2 (also self contained) may possibly come in the future!
I just made a breakthrough in my Battlecore problem where the Abort Battle command wouldn't work after using a Custom Action Sequence skill. It seems that Abort Battle can't be the last command in the event.
Before, the event was ordered (Dialogue -> Abort Battle). But having the message appear LAST fixed it.
(Abort Battle -> Dialogue)
"Does anyone remember the new year 2022? yeah, that was like yesterday. Wait, what do you mean by '2022 is almost over'?"
kuestsdynamisxp001.jpg

Just a glimpse of how Kuests Dynamis XP would look like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romstrom