RMMZ Disable the Battle Attack Command (RMMZ)

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm looking for either a script or a plugin that will disable (grey out) the battle Attack command.

1618266312692.png

I've tried VS BattleCore, but that's like swatting a mosquito with a sledgehammer and I'd have to revamp my custom skills that are tied to a common event.

I tried a simple Seal Attack with the actor, the class, and with the weapon (both all 3 together and individually) but that didn't seem to have any effect. Is there any way to just disable (preferred) or remove that Attack command using either a script or a simple plugin that doesn't affect the whole battle system?

As always, thank you for reading.

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You do not want it to show on the screen at all? ever?

I know in MV you could just load in a Plug-in with this and it would do that:

Window_ActorCommand.prototype.addAttackCommand = function () { };

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You do not want it to show on the screen at all? ever?

I know in MV you could just load in a Plug-in with this and it would do that:

Window_ActorCommand.prototype.addAttackCommand = function () { };
Correct, I want it to be always disabled or to just never show on the screen at all. ever. :)

The reason is that it's an educational game so the player is presented a math equation (e.g. 8 x 2 = ?) and if solved correctly, the enemy receives that amount (in this case, 16) of damage. The skill is called Math Attack and works independently of the default Attack, so I don't want the default Attack to be playable at all.

And your code works flawlessly in MZ as well. PSYCHE! Thank you so much! I'm so appreciative of this community. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gh05tinblack