KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but, I was wondering if there is a plugin that disables TP gain when your actor is attacked. I am using MV if anyone is wondering. Normally, your actor gains TP when dealt damage. I am using TP as MP so I want it to be regained through items and skills.

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there.
I too want to disable TP gain on damage for my project, but I haven't got the time to get into yet.
However, I think I've seen some settings on one of Yanfly's plugin that might help you (try the Enhance TP plugin).
Taking a quick look, it has way more options than I need, so I might code a shorter version anyway to reduce overhead. But do take a look and see if it has what you need.
Let me know if it doesn't, and I may prioritize that and make one that helps us both! :D

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can be done with Yanfly's AutoPassive States plugin.

#1 Create state - https://prnt.sc/p7f11u
#2 Add it to actor with Yanflys Auto Passive States

Explanation:

As long actor affected with that state has 100% HP (wich means he didn't recieve damage) actor can gain TP otherwise, he won't get any TP.

It has one flaw. If you restore his HP again back to 100% actor will start gaining TP again.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TCR is a bit weird. It applies to TP gains from getting hit, as well as "Invocation" TP (gained by the user when the skill/item is used). You don't need a plugin or state to apply it, just give your actor (or their class) the "Sp-Param TCR 0%" trait. Ditto for enemies, except they don't have classes by default.

Personally I'd recommend Yanfly's Enhanced TP plugin, as mentioned. Alternatively, here's a barebones version that literally just "deletes" the chargeTpByDamage method, just save as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, File Name: whateverYouLike.js) and import as a plugin:
Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.chargeTpByDamage = function(damageRate) {};

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TCR is a bit weird. It applies to TP gains from getting hit, as well as "Invocation" TP (gained by the user when the skill/item is used). You don't need a plugin or state to apply it, just give your actor (or their class) the "Sp-Param TCR 0%" trait. Ditto for enemies, except they don't have classes by default.

Personally I'd recommend Yanfly's Enhanced TP plugin, as mentioned. Alternatively, here's a barebones version that literally just "deletes" the chargeTpByDamage method, just save as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, File Name: whateverYouLike.js) and import as a plugin:
Code:
Game_Battler.prototype.chargeTpByDamage = function(damageRate) {};

I was able to get my TP to stop refilling whenever I am attacked by using the "Sp-Param TCR 0%". Thanks for the help.

taaspider: I took a look at the Yanfly Enhanced TP and it wasn't what I was looking for. That plugin just allows you to modify how you gain TP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ