Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Did you want to disable some choices if conditions weren't met? Maybe the player needs to buy a ticket before they can board a ship to a specific city, or certain items aren't available for selection for other reasons.

How about just making a single script call

Code:
disable_choice(1)

To disable the first choice on the list? Here's an example:

The above was done with a simple event:

1598244244966.png

Should make things easier

Download

Get it here: http://himeworks.com/2015/10/disabled-choice-conditions/
Terms of use: http://himeworks.com/terms-of-use/

Last edited:

wendyred

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What happens if, for example, they buy the ticket? Will the choice be enabled just fine or is there an "enable" choice command that is needed?

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to hide the disabled choices instead of just greying them out?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What happens if, for example, they buy the ticket? Will the choice be enabled just fine or is there an "enable" choice command that is needed?

The disabling is temporary when you run the event. Every time the event runs, it checks if it's disabled

Is there a way to hide the disabled choices instead of just greying them out?

That will be a separate plugin

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will the Plugin Command be updated to work for MZ so we have that option along with the direct script call?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will the Plugin Command be updated to work for MZ so we have that option along with the direct script call?

Would it easier to use the plugin command than the script call?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would it easier to use the plugin command than the script call?
It doesn't matter to me a whole lot, but I like the convenience of Plugin Commands since you can access the command directly, instead of having to close the Event Editor and open the Plugins Manager to find the exact Script Call to use.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It doesn't matter to me a whole lot, but I like the convenience of Plugin Commands since you can access the command directly, instead of having to close the Event Editor and open the Plugins Manager to find the exact Script Call to use.

That makes sense. I'll make it available.
For me sometimes I forget the script call as well so having to go look it up ends up wasting more time.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl