Disabling Jumping And Dashing Unless You Have An Item

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MattNJ89, Jun 17, 2018.

1. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to disable jumping and dashing unless to have an item in your inventory or if a switch or variable is set to allow it?

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is no jumping by default, unless you use a Set Move Route. So you must have a plugin or events to enable it. We need to know what this is, before we can tell you how to disable it.

Disabling dashing will have to be a small plugin.

For both, you need to define what are the rules. "an item or a switch or a variable" is too ambiguous - what do you want to use?

MattNJ89 likes this.
  3. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Galv has plugins for both disable dashing and jump plugin. Both have script calls for enabling or disabling them. You could run them as a common event or use a plugin like Wayne99's On Equip Eval plugin that will run JavaScript code when armor/weapon is equipped to allow disallow running or dashing.

MattNJ89 likes this.
  4. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! I thought there was jumping in RPG Maker MV, for some reason. Maybe it was possible in VX Ace, I had used that before. I will look into creating jumping using the Set Move Route option that you have just told me about.

I was thinking about checking if an item was in my parities inventory to determining weather or not to enable dashing or jumping.

Thanks!

5. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Neither VXA or MV has jumping abilities natively. You can create a jump system using move routes and a common events or you can get either a script/plugin to make a jump system for you.

MattNJ89 likes this.
  6. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are there any tutorials about creating a jump system using move routes and common events in MV?

7. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I mean this is the most basic version of a jump system using move routes. Screenshot (113).png

Basically it's a parrallel common event with you checking if a button is being pressed and then checking which way the characters facing to determine the jumping.

I personally would recommend this but use yanfly smart jump plugin. The event would be the same but instead of checking for the direction you'd just check for the button and then use a plugin command.

MattNJ89 likes this.
  8. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks. I think I will research the yanfly smart jump plugin seeing that it works better than a simple in nature jump common event using move routes because if you do not set up the common event right you could end up having you character jumping into unwanted regions on your map.