RMMZ Disabling the Quest Tracker in the VisuStella Quest Log plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiandata

Actually a sculptor...! What am I doing here?!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using the VisuStella Quest Journal Plugin.
Wiki Link: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Quest_Journal_System_VisuStella_MZ

However, while I love the quest journal system itself, I really don't like the quest tracker.
I don't think the tracker fits at all with the style of the game. Plus, I don't think the type of game I'm going for here will benefit from it (and I'm trying to go for a fairly minimal HUD).

I know there's an option to turn it off given to the player in-game, but I'm wondering if there's a way to disable it completely? There are settings to take away the option for the player to disable it, but I can't see any settings to remove it completely. Am I just being blind?
I couldn't find much in the Wiki about it, either. Hopefully, it's a simple thing and this is just a case of me being a bit obtuse...!

1635226284935.png

Xiandata

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Disabling in parameters:
Ahhhh, thank you!! You’re fantastic.

I had a feeling I was just missing something simple, so thank you for finding that for me! :’D

Edit: Wait Dangit, that’s the parameter I found which disables the option for the player to toggle it. X’D Rather than just outright disabling the tracker itself! Sorry.

I suppose I will simply have to disable everything I can and just use the plugin command at the start of game to turn it off? Weird there isn’t a ‘no tracker window’ parameter proper…!

Last edited:

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
If this image above is from your project I feel benefited just for having helped in the progress.
I wish you the best of luck and hope to see your game soon.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Xiandata I set up the plugin parameters this way

1635272997503.png

notice the 2 'falses' and now I don't get the tracker to show up onscreen during the game and neither does the option to toggle show up as an option. Is this what you meant?

Xiandata

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
notice the 2 'falses' and now I don't get the tracker to show up onscreen during the game
Huh, that's so weird! I have the same settings all disabled (It's the first thing I tried!), but for some reason Track is still showing up as an option, and the Tracker is still there! I wonder what's gone wrong. :o

1635311357315.png
Maybe I should try deleting and redownloading the plugin or something. :/ Even though I have "Add show Tracker" as False and "Add Position Tracker" as False, well, there it still is...! >__<

1635311297010.png
As above, even with the false parameters, there is still a Z:Track option, and still the Tracker. It almost feels like the plugin just isn't bothering to read my Params. X'D

Just to confirm, I have put my VisuStella plugins as such:
I don't have any other Quest System plugins, so not sure if a conflict could be causing this?
1635311634248.png
Either way, I'll test using the Script/ Plugin commands this evening. Perhaps I'll just have to use those right at the start of the game or something..! XD Thank you very much for your help though!

If this image above is from your project I feel benefited just for having helped in the progress.
Awww! Thank you! You're far too kind. :LZScheeze: I'm not making anything too fancy though! Just a small little RPG. :D
I've been using the amazing art from Jamie Brownhill (With some minor modifications and adaptations for RM) and I just love the tiny cute style!

----------
EDIT:
Looks like using the Plugin command Dev_With_Coffee mentioned at the start of the game does work in getting rid of the tracker, and at least having those Params set to False stops it being re-activated!
Thanks guys! <3

Disabling by "Plugin Command" event command:
Good luck

Last edited:

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Maybe you were loading a "Save", as the Plugin's on or off state is saved with the player's progress.
I can't test until the weekend, but if not, disabling it at game startup is the best solution.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Huh, that's so weird! I have the same settings all disabled (It's the first thing I tried!), but for some reason Track is still showing up as an option, and the Tracker is still there! I wonder what's gone wrong. :o

View attachment 204996
Maybe I should try deleting and redownloading the plugin or something. :/ Even though I have "Add show Tracker" as False and "Add Position Tracker" as False, well, there it still is...! >__<

View attachment 204995
As above, even with the false parameters, there is still a Z:Track option, and still the Tracker. It almost feels like the plugin just isn't bothering to read my Params. X'D

Just to confirm, I have put my VisuStella plugins as such:
I don't have any other Quest System plugins, so not sure if a conflict could be causing this?
View attachment 204997
Either way, I'll test using the Script/ Plugin commands this evening. Perhaps I'll just have to use those right at the start of the game or something..! XD Thank you very much for your help though!

Awww! Thank you! You're far too kind. :LZScheeze: I'm not making anything too fancy though! Just a small little RPG. :D
I've been using the amazing art from Jamie Brownhill (With some minor modifications and adaptations for RM) and I just love the tiny cute style!

----------
EDIT:
Looks like using the Plugin command Dev_With_Coffee mentioned at the start of the game does work in getting rid of the tracker, and at least having those Params set to False stops it being re-activated!
Thanks guys! <3

Hey, man.
I have the same plugin, I'll show you some screenshots.
Just follow them and there shouldn't be any problems.

BTW, your game looks very nice!
Good luck on game making. :)

Attachments

• Annotation 2021-10-27 210140.png
    Annotation 2021-10-27 210140.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 6

Xiandata

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe you were loading a "Save", as the Plugin's on or off state is saved with the player's progress.
Ah, I'm aware of that, yep! But thanks, I should have mentioned in my first post that all this was on a new game start. Good to cover all the options, though!

I think I will go with the Plugin Command method with all the Tracker settings turned off. Seems to remove the Tracker if I call the command right on game load-up.
Still surprised there isn't a "completely disable the tracker" option in the Parameters of the plugin itself, though.

Thank you guys for all the help! <3

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Finally was able to record the rest of the game demo! I added some edits here and there, this is why it takes me so long to do stuff cuz I find a problem and have to fix it asap. x.x
Game: https://dj990j.itch.io/region-of-mythos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvanEnderfox