Not open for further replies.

BluSoulFyre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm sure I'll get the movement soon.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable the 'squish' animation that RPGVXA does whenever a window opens and closes. I've used common events to change the style of the window based on who is speaking, so the 'flow' is interrupted (causing the engine to think it's a new conversation and opens the window again) and it looks really clunky. It would look better to disable the animation completely and just have the window appear out of nothing.

I found this https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23234/ but either I can't figure out where to put it, or it still causes the 'squish' animation, just faster.

A plus for me would be if someone could swap out the 'squish' for a fade instead, but looking that up brought me nowhere either. I'm not even sure if this is possible, but I figured I'd throw it out here.

At this point I'm assuming it would take a custom script, but altering Window_Message could do it too, I just haven't been able to do it without breaking something.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ruby:
class Window_Base < Window

def update_open
    self.openness += 255
    @opening = false if open?
  end

def update_close
    self.openness -= 255
    @closing = false if close?
  end
end
class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase
  def transition_speed
    return 0
  end

def terminate
    super
    Graphics.transition(0)
  end
end
credits to A-Moonless-Night

BluSoulFyre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ruby:
class Window_Base < Window

def update_open
    self.openness += 255
    @opening = false if open?
  end

def update_close
    self.openness -= 255
    @closing = false if close?
  end
end
class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase
  def transition_speed
    return 0
  end

def terminate
    super
    Graphics.transition(0)
  end
end
credits to A-Moonless-Night
Yeah I think that's from the link I had found but it's not clear where to put it. Do I just add it in somewhere specific in Window_Message or replace a section of the code with this?

I had tried putting it in Window_Message above, after, and replacing it. Also tried putting it in its own script category above and below. In all situations it either didn't work or it only made it open and close slightly faster... I have no idea where I'm supposed to place it.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have no idea where I'm supposed to place it.
So you have never used scripts?
Follow the link in my signature block for using scripts.
Basically all custom scripts (unless you know what you're doing) go below materials and above main.

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
DO NOT alter the base scripts, put it in an empty slot in the custom scripts section. Place this script below all scripts that use written classes and methods, but above main.

BluSoulFyre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So you have never used scripts?
Yes, I have, quite frequently. It's just this one wasn't clear if I was supposed to alter the base script or add it to customs like Thefirelion said.

DO NOT alter the base scripts, put it in an empty slot in the custom scripts section. Place this script below all scripts that use written classes and methods, but above main.
Thanks, don't know why I didn't try that first.

I'll close this for now, probably more of a Script Help thing at this point.
But this is how to remove the effect, if anyone has a toggleable fade effect to replace it, please message me.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Congo1977