Disappearing Sprites

Dead_DJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am posting here in a last ditch attempt to get this fixed. I just want to clarify before I dive in that I have direction fix on.

I'm setting up a cutscene where some of the characters are talking and the ship shakes. When the ship shakes one of the characters falls over, and I have it set to a "change image..." movement. However no matter what I do the sprite just keeps disappearing. Again, I have direction fix on, it just keeps disappearing.cap1.PNGcap2.PNG

Much appreciated :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a common issue with 'down' poses. Your character is facing left. Is that the third row of the sprite sheet? What is on the third row of the "new" sprite sheet? I'm betting it's blank. Put your "down" pose there, on the third row, in the middle column.

Direction Fix only stops the event changing between rows. But if you swap in a new sprite, it's going to look at the same row that it previously was on.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when change image with direction fix sometimes you also need to change direction the event would be facing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically in the move route that makes the image change, after the image change add a direction fix off, turn to the direction where the down pose is, turn direction fix on again and it should work.

however that is one of the disadvantages of having the controlling event participate in the cutscene - if this npc was any other event it would have been much easier to control either by multiple pages or some other way. But with the controlling event itself taking part in the scene that is not as easy as the event page itself cannot be changed and needs to continue the commands...

Dead_DJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a common issue with 'down' poses. Your character is facing left. Is that the third row of the sprite sheet? What is on the third row of the "new" sprite sheet? I'm betting it's blank. Put your "down" pose there, on the third row, in the middle column.

Direction Fix only stops the event changing between rows. But if you swap in a new sprite, it's going to look at the same row that it previously was on.

Thank you so much! that worked perfectly. Now it doesn't look like the character was flung off the side of the ship.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".
My apologies if it's out-of-place for my goyim-lookin' ass to be the one to say it, but the mythology of "Golems" is that they were created by Rabbis to protect Jewish villages from Anti-semetic attacks.
I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cabanacatalogs