Disappearing Sprites

Dead_DJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am posting here in a last ditch attempt to get this fixed. I just want to clarify before I dive in that I have direction fix on.

I'm setting up a cutscene where some of the characters are talking and the ship shakes. When the ship shakes one of the characters falls over, and I have it set to a "change image..." movement. However no matter what I do the sprite just keeps disappearing. Again, I have direction fix on, it just keeps disappearing.cap1.PNGcap2.PNG

Much appreciated :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a common issue with 'down' poses. Your character is facing left. Is that the third row of the sprite sheet? What is on the third row of the "new" sprite sheet? I'm betting it's blank. Put your "down" pose there, on the third row, in the middle column.

Direction Fix only stops the event changing between rows. But if you swap in a new sprite, it's going to look at the same row that it previously was on.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when change image with direction fix sometimes you also need to change direction the event would be facing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically in the move route that makes the image change, after the image change add a direction fix off, turn to the direction where the down pose is, turn direction fix on again and it should work.

however that is one of the disadvantages of having the controlling event participate in the cutscene - if this npc was any other event it would have been much easier to control either by multiple pages or some other way. But with the controlling event itself taking part in the scene that is not as easy as the event page itself cannot be changed and needs to continue the commands...

Dead_DJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a common issue with 'down' poses. Your character is facing left. Is that the third row of the sprite sheet? What is on the third row of the "new" sprite sheet? I'm betting it's blank. Put your "down" pose there, on the third row, in the middle column.

Direction Fix only stops the event changing between rows. But if you swap in a new sprite, it's going to look at the same row that it previously was on.
Thank you so much! that worked perfectly. Now it doesn't look like the character was flung off the side of the ship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali