Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Engine:
RPG Maker MV

Synopsis:
Discordian Tales is a 2D role playing adventure game in the JRPG style set in an exciting and expansive modern/medieval world of engaging humanoid and anthropomorphic characters with rich backstories and personalities in immersive locations and settings. The game has deep and detailed lore and a unique storyline featuring custom economy, government, religion and calendar systems. The intuitive and fully interactive environments will allow for different player styles, experiences, and replay value whilst the comprehensive and fast paced battle system provides for real consequences and balanced rewards.

The player takes the role of a masked character devoted to the Goddess, Eris, who has given up their name and dedicated their life to the betterment of society. After completing their training, the character will adventure through the world of Modieva, completing quests, crafting and harvesting items, and generally assisting the various inhabitants of the world. In time, the player will impart their own personality on the character, shaping the world around them by the choices they make and progressing the character's loyalty to the deity or taking a different path entirely.

• Players will have a vast and expansive work to explore; from empty wilderness to busy cityscapes
• Throughout their journey the player will have a multitude of quests, puzzles, and mysteries to solve
• Stealth will be important in certain situations; from escaping dangerous areas to picking locks
• The world has a thriving ecosystem of resources for the player to harvest and use for crafting or in trade
• Combat will play a key part in the adventure with friends and foes to meet along the way

Positions/Roles Needed:
• Art (I have a lot of purchased artwork, but some special aspects may require a more personal touch)
• Music (again, I have a lot of pre-gen content but some personalisation would be very welcome)
• Map Makers (specifically around events for custom NPC scheduling)
• Coders (I'm building a library but some tweaking will undoubtedly be needed)
• Play testers (the most important job, some might say... gotta catch all 'em bugs!)

My Role(s)/Position(s):
• Writer (dialog, lore, world-building, characters, etc)
• Mapping (major locations, and templating for minor locations)
• Eventing and Scripting (core mechanics and systems)

Characters, Setting and World Development:
The universe has been locked in an eternal battle between CHAOS and ORDER since the dawn of time; two principle deities are at the very heart of this; each vying for power with only one ever able to hold dominion for any length of time.

Over 3000 years ago they focused their attention on the bountiful and beautiful lands of MODIEVA and began a crusade to control this world, each with their own prophets and unique approach, peppering the world with relics to support their claims. ORDER initially won but over the next 2000 years the forces of CHAOS fought to take control and, despite seemingly impossible odds, prevailed against the oppressive negative/positive focus of the mainstream philosophy with their own movement rooted in destruction/creation with a firm belief in the creative power of CHAOS.

Over the next 1000 years, a new star began to rise and the world of MODIEVA turned their eyes, hearts, and souls to her cause and away from ORDER and HARMONY towards CHAOS and DISCORD. It has now been 1000 years since DISCORDIANISM became the dominant religion and many have become complacent in their rituals and have gone so far as ceasing to believe in their deity.

Some have even begun to wonder whether she was ever real and if so, will she ever return?
If she does, when?
And if not, who- or what- comes next?

Screenshots:
https://www.instagram.com/discordiantales/
https://twitter.com/DiscordianTales/media

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd be interested in a coding position - specifically non-battle system coding, if there's any of that you'll be needing.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksmth153