Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, to start off I would assume some people here watch Anime. I would say most Anime and Movies have this pattern - Where the Hero starts off as someone who is insignificant and then discovers something special or acquires something or become insanely Powerful or Unique compared to most of his Opponents or even some Allies in some cases. This moment feels like a "Special Advantage" for the Player and builds up the "Hype" to continue watching the Movie or Anime.

In most cases, This advantage is introduced just when Player loses all hope and feels miserable or hopeless.
Now my question is this -

- While Anime manages to pull this off with Flashy Events or Story-telling, How could you make this Concept happen in an RPG Maker Game which lacks a Visual medium like Videos or Flashy Animation ?

Lets discuss some ways if possible on how to make this happen in RPG Maker Games - Either Mechanically, Graphically or through Story-telling or some other ways.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would prefer through story and mechanically at the same time, because the story
is the most important part of how the character involve in some (un)intended business
that he/she shouldn't be in it, or get evil persons after him/her while he/she dont know
nothing about, until he/she knows/discover something that you have or where a special
ability or item that you need to protect or solve things.

there are so many ways you can tell a story or how it grows through mechanics that
reveal in many ways (like golden sun series) or zelda.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I agree with ShadowDragon. The best method to do that in games is through story-telling, visuals and gameplay.
Story-telling is pretty obvious and not limited to games.
Visuals and graphics can change after unlocking whatever makes them special. That could be by changing the sprite, design or even the artstyle of the game. Maybe the protagonist gained some sort of power that lets them see the world differently?
Gameplay-wise you could add a feature that ties in with that special power or make it a skill. Areas the player couldn't get to could be unlocked now, etc.
I think the audio could change, too. Suddenly the music sounds a lot more heroic or adventurous.

There are many ways to portray that change. Too many to list them all, since it all depends on the story itself.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Maybe like this?
I think its not that hard to do.^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Alexa, play Buck-Tick - Dress
Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraufen