MirageV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, hello

I'm working on eventing a menu at the moment. It's going well, but there is one detail that is utterly out of my hands; the HP and MP bars. Here is the design for it so far.

NNo7vdc.png

Now, what I want to do is to be able to display multiple HP and MP bars on screen, determine their X/Y values, and then be able to erase them. Ideally I imagine this could all be done with script calls.

In theory I imagine it would come out to be something like 

Call_HP, 1, 98, 42
Code:
Call_MP, 1, 98, 82
The above are theoretical script calls that could be inserted into a common or field event to display the bar.

Call_HP/MP determines with resource is displayed in that instance, the number after it would determine which Actor in the database to draw from(Actor 1 in this example), and then the two values(98, 42) after it are X and Y coordinates. 

Erase_HP, 1
Code:
Erase_MP, 1
Code:
Erase_HP, All
Code:
Erase_MP, All
And then script calls like this would erase the specified instance of an HP or MP bar that's currently being displayed on screen. Or all of them at once.

I'd like for images to be used for this, which I've supplied below. The images are HP, MP, and Back.

dVJqJT7.png

updFQNe.png

YgEsMiB.png

And they do not need to be animated at all. Just displaying them, and in however many instances needed would be enough.

All of that said...is something like this possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

MirageV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bumping.

I can pay for this, if that's any incentive. I don't have a lot, but this is fairly simple I think, so...

Well either way, that would require some deeper discussion.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly